2012 Rankings

Wow, Hurcs made a big jump. Right there with the Cabs now.

I think Cabs would have had an equal gain Sunday if both vis judges were there. They didn't score well in effect which is a complete reverse from the night before and that was a double wammy because of the missing judge. No disrespect to Hurcs here but that spread is probably going to open back up again next weekend IMO.

I think Cabs would have had an equal gain Sunday if both vis judges were there. They didn't score well in effect which is a complete reverse from the night before and that was a double wammy because of the missing judge. No disrespect to Hurcs here but that spread is probably going to open back up again next weekend IMO.

So the panel wasn't full on Sunday? That explains a lot.

if you look at the recap.. they took the one visual score and used it in the missing caption across the board. so each corps received an altered score.

If you look at the recap from the day before, there was only a .3 difference between those 2 captions.

it's very possible C2 can beat empire. trust me they have big things going on at empire.

I hope you mean BIG things going on as opposed to bad things.......Statesmen have been a power in DCA for so long, it would be difficult to imagine seeing a big show without Bruni & Co. tearing down the house! Best wishes...

If you look at the recap from the day before, there was only a .3 difference between those 2 captions.

look again.. the vis ensemble caption is divided by 2 to start with while the effect caption is what it is as well as the communication caption.. so cabs went from having a 6 tenth advantage in those 3 captions to a 1 tenth disadvantage.

• Like 1

I hope you mean BIG things going on as opposed to bad things.......Statesmen have been a power in DCA for so long, it would be difficult to imagine seeing a big show without Bruni & Co. tearing down the house! Best wishes...

The show's very enjoyable, the horns play exceptionally well, it's just that there are a lot more people capable of bringing some real quality to the table and tearing down the house now.

The show's very enjoyable, the horns play exceptionally well, it's just that there are a lot more people capable of bringing some real quality to the table and tearing down the house now.

Tough compitition is good!.....DCA is going to be great this year. BTW thanks for a your reviews....Great writing, honest, fair & objective. I wish we could have such perspective for every show.....Well done!

Tough compitition is good!.....DCA is going to be great this year. BTW thanks for a your reviews....Great writing, honest, fair & objective. I wish we could have such perspective for every show.....Well done!

Thanks! I still need to wrap up the review. I'm a night owl and couldn't sleep. Believe me, I'd love to see MBI live right now and try and figure out who is what and and where. The problem is I don't have that much gas in my tank. :satisfied: