2012 Rankings

so what does that mean? if a judge is missing the score is actually higher. i don't buy that. it just means the score isn't accurate. it could be higher or lower. but then we will never know. i just don't see your reasoning here.

You don't have to buy it. But I believe someone already explained how the numbers work out on here or another thread. Either way, all the corps at Secaucus will either have to live up to a number they didn't truly earn and the corps who scored low that day who deserved a highere score will most likely see a lot of movement.. Unless by some strange reason more judges do not show, Im confident that the numbers next week will resolve themselves out so Don we shall see.

Edited by lovindrumcorps

so what does that mean? if a judge is missing the score is actually higher. i don't buy that. it just means the score isn't accurate. it could be higher or lower. but then we will never know. i just don't see your reasoning here.

The problem with a missing judge is too much weight goes to one person. One judge can then single-handedly, change the outcome of placements, more so than usual.

You have to ask these questions? Which judge was missing.. was it the GE judge or the other Vis Judge? Was that person qualified to judge the other caption? Does that judge have a grudge against the corps? Two judges gives you a checks and balance system so these issues never happen... it can't be helped in cases like this but it does usually result in a pitfall for one corps.. in this case, I think the Cabs got a raw deal. They have had a fairly decent Vis lead over Hurcs at their recent outings so their scores on Sunday seemed really off.

Edited by androidx2
  • Like 1

I think the reasoning is that the reason the Hucs closed in on Cabs was that the missing judge caption provided a lot of the gap they got at Scranton.

You're both right! :satisfied:

I think it did lower the Cabs' score- but it's also very true, it does makes the number even more inaccurate. By how much, we don't know.

I also think the Hurcs could easily have had a better performance on Sunday based on wnat I saw at Scranton. How much, we don't know. For that matter, so could the Cabs.

The Judges could have had a bit different read here and there, been more or less generous, and the missing judge does screw up all of the relationships by a lot.

Also, from some of the reading, it looks like they made Frank practice for an hour and a half longer than the rest of the corps did for some reason. that couldn't have helped the Cabs if they wore him out like that! :doh::tongue:

With all that in play to figure out the real relationship on Sunday as compared to Saturday You may as well get out one of those big plastic Magic 8-Balls, shake it up and read the message in the window. the Message would read "Cabs better, unclear how much better, shake me again next weekend...."

The problem with a missing judge is too much weight goes to one person. One judge can then single-handedly, change the outcome of placements, more so than usual.

You have to ask these questions? Which judge was missing.. was it the GE judge or the other Vis Judge? Was that person qualified to judge the other caption? Does that judge have a grudge against the corps? Two judges gives you a checks and balance system so these issues never happen... it can't be helped in cases like this but it does usually result in a pitfall for one corps.. in this case, I think the Cabs got a raw deal. They have had a fairly decent Vis lead over Hurcs at their recent outings so their scores on Sunday seemed really off.

I agree with most of it- I'd say in all fairness that the DCA judges can put a grudge in their pocket when they enter their scores. Also, IIRC, the kind of people DCA brings on board are more than capable of handling the related captions with their backgrounds. Now-- that doesn't mean some people are better nuts-n-bolts people and are thought of more highly than their abilities in Effect and vice versa- but they have enough background and experience to get the job done the way it should be done. The experience levels of the people I know would easily confirm that.

Were Cabs underscored? Good question! Maybe, maybe not. Again, That's a Magic 8-Ball question, read my above comments. I think the answer would float up as "answers point towards a bit likely."

I am rather certain that the panel for Reading and the other contest will be made very aware of the fact there was a missing judge and the way it affected everyone's scores and in which ways for the corps that competed there. That kind of issue doesn't get ignored. Believe me, the corps that were at that contest will make sure of that. :satisfied:

A? singular?

Hmm. How big are the Mugs and whatcha drinkin'? :satisfied:

I had a 22 ounce bottle of Elysian Imperial Russian Stout a couple of weeks ago with duinner, like 7 and a half percent alcohol.. great beeer, but I was glad I walked into town to the 114 for dinner and didn't drive. Crikies, that had a pop to it!

Hmm. How big are the Mugs and whatcha drinkin'? :satisfied:

I had a 22 ounce bottle of Elysian Imperial Russian Stout a couple of weeks ago with duinner, like 7 and a half percent alcohol.. great beeer, but I was glad I walked into town to the 114 for dinner and didn't drive. Crikies, that had a pop to it!

uh i drink whatever anyone buys me at Annapolis except NattyBo

2004 renegades got a penalty at finals for someone stepping over the front line in a place you can't cross.

so pretty much everyone in the corps claimed it was them...i think they were just that excited to get a penalty

Actually, that was in '03. The penalty knocked us down 2 spots, going from 4th to 6th, which put us behind MBI and the Bucs. Still had a fantastic time, though!

And it was me in '03!

• Like 1

Also, from some of the reading, it looks like they made Frank practice for an hour and a half longer than the rest of the corps did for some reason. that couldn't have helped the Cabs if they wore him out like that! :doh::tongue:

:spitting:

O M G......I'm dying here!!!! ROFLMAO!!!