2012 Rankings

finals fee's? what is that? i man i've been out for a while but are you saying the members pay a fee for finals?

My guess is that means hotel room charges, etc.

The original post is now updated with all the last scores for the regular season. As noted on the DCA website, because of the tie between Govenaires and Carolina Gold, they were entered in a draw for performance order. The result is that Govies will go on last in Class A on Saturday.

Should be an interesting night :thumbup:

Open Class:

1 - 95.10 - Buccaneers - 8/25 Reading PA (+2.15 8/18)

2 - 92.65 - Caballeros - 8/25 Reading PA (+2.75 8/19)

3 - 91.35 - Minnesota Brass - 8/18 St Peter MN (+0.95 8/17)

4 - 90.75 - Hurricanes - 8/25 Bridgeport CT (+1.65 8/19)

5 - 89.60 - Cadets² - 8/26 Pennsauken NJ (+5.60 8/18)

6 - 88.15 - Kidsgrove Scouts - 8/26 Pennsauken NJ (+1.10 8/25)

7 - 86.85 - Empire Statesmen - 8/18 Scranton PA (+1.50 8/4)

8 - 85.75 - Fusion Core - 8/25 Reading PA (+3.65 8/19)

9 - 83.85 - Atlanta CV - 8/18 Douglasville GA (+8.12 7/28)

10 - 81.35 - Kilties - 8/18 St Peter MN (+2.00 8/17)

11 - 80.75 - Bushwackers - 8/26 Pennsauken NJ (+4.75 8/25)

12 - 78.25 - Tampa Bay Thunder° - 8/18 Douglasville GA (+1.55*)

13 - 72.05* - Renegades - 7/15 Bellflower CA (+0.25 7/14)

Class A:

1 - 82.00 - Govenaires - 8/18 St Peter MN (+1.60 8/17)

1 - 82.00 - Carolina Gold - 8/25 Reading PA (+5.20 7/28)

3 - 78.70 - Windsor Regiment - 8/25 Bridgeport CT (+1.00 8/19)

4 - 77.20 - White Sabers - 8/25 Reading PA (+5.20 8/11)

5 - 71.70 - Sunrisers - 8/25 Bridgeport CT (-0.25 8/19)

6 - 70.80 - Cincinnati Tradition - 8/18 Douglasville GA (+8.55 8/4)

7 - 69.80 - Shenandoah Sound - 8/25 Reading PA (+2.75 8/18)

8 - 65.10 - Excelsior - 8/26 Pennsauken NJ (+1.40 8/25)

9 - 60.85*- SoCal Dream*** - 7/15 Bellflower CA (-1.75* 7/14)

KEY:

Rank - Latest Score - Date and Location of Latest Score (Change from, and date of previous score)

* DCI (or other) show on DCA sheets

** DCUK or DCE show and sheets

*** SoCal Dream is fielding a competitive show, but will not be making the trip to DCA Championships.

°Tampa Bay Thunder announced they will not travel to Finals due to the effects of Hurricane Isaac.

Edited by Spandy

My guess is that means hotel room charges, etc.

thanks liz. i just didn't get it. you cleared that up for me.

Hmm. You would think with a tie between corps, the corps that got the score sooner would be the one on later. Thats how it ended up being but that seems like a silly way to break the tie.

Hmm. You would think with a tie between corps, the corps that got the score sooner would be the one on later. Thats how it ended up being but that seems like a silly way to break the tie.

if the rules say number out of a hat, then you follow the rules. and since the corps vote on the rules, that is what it is

if the rules say number out of a hat, then you follow the rules. and since the corps vote on the rules, that is what it is

I never thought about ties in DCA. Anyone know what would happen if the top two corps in Open/A Class tied? Does DCA follow DCI's "everybody gets a trophy" model, or is there some kind of tie-breaker to ensure an outright champion?

finals fee's? what is that? i man i've been out for a while but are you saying the members pay a fee for finals?

My guess is they pay x to cover their seat on the bus down to Annapolis. Some corps add on fees here and there to the base dues payment. Depends on the corps, etc.

I never thought about ties in DCA. Anyone know what would happen if the top two corps in Open/A Class tied? Does DCA follow DCI's "everybody gets a trophy" model, or is there some kind of tie-breaker to ensure an outright champion?

I think the tie breaker was eliminated years ago, and if I recall, it was a convuluted mess.

I would think with the scoring system used now, at the same show, a tie is highly unlikely. these scores were at different shows, so it may be an issue just for seeding

• Like 2

Finals Fees I was speaking of are the fees to cover Busing to Ananpolis, Hotels, and Busing for the three days to and from the hotel to practice fields and the stadium, which are seperate costs to the members besides tuition.