Cavaliers in Trouble?

Actually it was a 1.2 spread at the first show in 10 but they also started off with a 75.2 not a 66.7

Different sheets...

Oye... doh.gif

In 2010 they were only .9 away from them at a show.... At finals Cavaliers finished 2nd (97.75) and Blue Stars finished 8th (91.9).

Relax. It's June.

Yup. Different sheets. Different judges. Different line-up. Different year.... but yeah let's compare spreads to the tenth.

Oye indeed...

To be clear you were the one to compare 2010 Cavies vs. Blue Stars not me so why are you now lecturing about different years, judges and sheets?. I simply pointed out that I was more concerned that the spread between Cavies and Blue Stars was more scary than the gap between them and Crown in 2012.

To be clear you were the one to compare 2010 Cavies vs. Blue Stars not me so why are you now lecturing about different years, judges and sheets?. I simply pointed out that I was more concerned that the spread between Cavies and Blue Stars was more scary than the gap between them and Crown in 2012.

Yes. I was the one comparing the spreads. I was comparing because I think it is ridiculous. I think your basis is ridiculous. For anything you say about a spread early season I can find a year and an example that refutes it just like I can find an example that supports it. It is not an exact science and what we see early season may or may not have any bearing on what we see at the end of the season. I have seen corps come out early season and get beat by nearly 5 points and then go on to break the scoring barrier at the end of the season (see cadets 2005). I have seen corps change almost their entire show throughout the season (BD 2002), and that is just recent memory.

I have been in and around this activity for a while. Long enough to tell you that the spreads, the scores, the placements (for the most part) don't matter early season. They just don't. If the cavaliers are still struggling mid July, then lets talk.

• Like 3

Lets be honest. There's a limit to how "innovative" you can be in an activity like this. So you harping on the Cavaliers on not being "innovative" anymore is ridiculous. They've literally pushed the limits of the activity. Other than doing hand stands while playing, there's physically not much else you can really do with this activity anymore that hasn't already been done.

Simply because you can't think of any ways to innovate drum corps further, doesn't mean that it has reached its max. Progress and innovation should never stop. Everyone else caught up to the Cavaliers and now their brand of design is run of the mill. The Cavaliers need to bring in some people who aren't afraid to do something that will shock everyone and make it happen. That, or they can keep getting "out-arted" by BD.

Edited by Nizerifin
  • Like 1

Stop talking about the numbers and memorize this: NO CAUSAL RELATIONSHIP.

Just because X happened in Y year doesn't mean that it's any more likely to happen ever again.

• Like 1

Santa Clara got a 66 tonight (66.6 actually, which would have been more appropriate for last season :tongue:)- guess we should write them off too...

• Like 3

Stop talking about the numbers and memorize this: NO CAUSAL RELATIONSHIP.

Just because X happened in Y year doesn't mean that it's any more likely to happen ever again.

You are fighting yet another never ending DCP battle...

No matter what people say, people try to compare scores year to year, show to show, regional spreads vs the spreads with shows with 5 corps...

Well who really thinks the staff is inexperienced?

The design staff is the same except for the new drill writer.

The visual staff is filled with guys who marched in the corps, which is how it's always been. In fact, I marched with 6 of them.

The guard staff is filled with guys who marched in the corps, which is how it's always been.

The brass staff has been on since 2010.

The drum staff is the same.

I'm not sure where this meme of an inexperienced Cavaliers staff got started.

well the guy that started the thread claimed all of the early 2000's guys were in SCV. so consider the source