What happened to the"Green Machine" or broken gears !

Cavaliers at least when I marched was never about the "W". Members of any corps don't need to be told that they lost and that they need to work harder or whatever. Everyone is aware they don't and no one likes to lose but when it is a competition then there will always be a winner and someone that loses.

Edited by Cavie1992

Perhaps THIS year will be the year that SOME of the Cavalier management and staff will stop drinking "the kool aid" and realize that they need to win and start teaching how to !

It ALL starts with M&M guys (ya know marching) !It makes ya look good !

The Chicago Cavaliers did NOT start winning until they got Lenny Piekarski as a M&M instructor in 56. Maybe a cue needs to be taken from past history !

I posted on the Cavalier Alumni Associations page on "Facebook" "That Cavalier tradition is WINNING, not 4th place" !

What happened to "The Green Machine" ?

I've said for 3 years now "These guys can't march"!

That prompted a call from a Alumni that still has close connections with the corps screaming at me about my opinion !That I've been away from corps for 35 years and didn't know what I was talking about. Hmmm has a clean drill changed that much. Has keeping interval not mattered ?

I was also told to "SHUT UP" by that same Alum because of a post I made last year on "Splooie" (the Cavalier alumni association's official website) when they continued to lose !

He was afraid it was a bad time and it may offend the kids (current members)and staff ! Well tough nuggies! If you can't stand the heat, start winning or stay a loser ! Or if the staff and the 30 or 40 part and full time instructors isn't doing the job evaluate and FIRE them !

Last year the "Cadets"were a better corps than the Cavaliers. THEY COULD MARCH and had a better show !

The corps (The Cavaliers) in my opinion is not being taught HOW to win ! I've been told and its been written "That the Cavaliers are NOT about winning !

"Its about a good show" ! For who ? If that's the case why is it JUDGED ? Just do exhibitions !

The current corps is drinking the kool-aid that we mixed for the losers in the 60s !

When I marched in the 60s many of the corps worked just as hard as we did if not harder !

Most of the time we beat them ! A few years 64 , 65 we didn't and ya know what we were NOT as good as them ! As much as I hated losing, I hated giving credit where credit was do, and shaking hands with the folks that beat us ! I did it, and swallowed humble pie (it stuck in my throat)!

I don't ever remember shaking hands with someone that had just taken 4th place (after we won), maybe I did but I really don't remember them !

The corps uses "gears" as a fund raising tool! I think it should be broken gears now !

I am ANGRY, and my opinion should be heard, respected, and obeyed! Because I'm ANGRY.

• Like 3

the start of the season proves Darwin was right yet again

Wow, just wow.

U-mad-bro-.jpg

Wrong use of meme unless I am mistaken somewhere.

Lol I think he was successful at trolling...

I'm shocked this thread is still open.

Anyway, I LOVE Cavies. They're my second favorite corps. Guess who's the first?