George Hopkins

Nah... the players are idiots for playing WWs! tongue.gif

+1

Yeah.. and most of them freak out like little babies because their pads gets ruined.

NO BABIES IN DCI!

Uh...no, they don't. I don't know how many bands you have been around, but I have been teaching bands since 71 and judging them since 78, and IMO that statement is about as false as can be. WW players can be just as dedicated, tough and wonderful performers as brass, percussion and guard.

There was a famous t-shirt in 1971...The Year Drum Corps died, just because a few corps (Scouts, Cavies, Cadets) dared to do themed shows...well, half a themed show for the Cavies.

I remember..sadly..lol....and yet drum corps is still here..some people believe that drum corps started as well as ended within their own decade...lol

Uh...no, they don't. I don't know how many bands you have been around, but I have been teaching bands since 71 and judging them since 78, and IMO that statement is about as false as can be. WW players can be just as dedicated, tough and wonderful performers as brass, percussion and guard.

I agree... there are always a few though that complain though because they were dumb and brought their nice flute to band...

I'm really just being an ###...

Oh, I've been saying that for a long time here.

Yeah.. and we all think you need professional help!

ph34r.gif

As a matter of fact, I'm sure there are some folks marching this year that play woodwind instruments in the off-season.

They must magically grow up and regress depending on what instrument they're holding.

I don't live under a rock...

and yeah I do... it's awful

You THINK you know, but it's actually a pretty varied genre. There's a pretty big different between James Blake and Skrillex, yet they're both considered "dubstep". If you don't believe me, go do some reading on Pitchfork.

OKay, I'll stop now... continue the monthly woodwind debate...