2012 World Class Standings

You can win a championship by only winning one of two captions, or even none, which has happened before. If one is markedly better than everyone else, and their other captions are close to winning, they can still take the title

Why does Crown always start out on top and make me dream of a new champion, only to fall back down to three or fourth place? When are we going to have new blood in the winners circle? #### you Crown! #### you!

Because they're music is challenging and start of the season very strong in that aspect while the other corps try to clean everything all at once. When the other corps start to become cleaner with better technical skills Crown just can't keep up. They put all their eggs in one basket to say.

• Like 6

Because they're music is challenging and start of the season very strong in that aspect while the other corps try to clean everything all at once. When the other corps start to become cleaner with better technical skills Crown just can't keep up. They put all their eggs in one basket to say.

That's the same thing that guy was saying about the Cascades. Not a good sign. thanks a lot spinningsader, you really make me bite my nails.

Edited by argonaut

Easy there, champ. This has been happening (first Bluecoats and then Crown) since 2005. The Bluecoats were riding the talent of their hornline and drumline for a couple years early season, while Crown used their hornline and drumline and guard in varying degrees for the past couple years. Of course, championships aren't won by winning one or two captions, so these corps fall around this time and never recover. Expect to see Crown around 5th for awhile once percussion and guard judging becomes common.

Since when has crown fallen this season. As far as I can tell they are kicking ###. And haven't lost a show since Akron. How in the world do you perceive them to be falling??

I wouldn't bother comparing scores from different contests.

And I would argue that once percussion and guard judging become common. Expect to see more of a spread Opening up among their competitors. It's the best drumline they have had, ever, hands down. And the guard is amazing,again. No one is doing things remotely as demanding as this show. From a totality point of view.

don't forget it's only the very first part of July. This show has legs to get all the way to August.

• Like 1

And I would argue that once percussion and guard judging become common. Expect to see more of a spread Opening up among their competitors. It's the best drumline they have had, ever, hands down. And the guard is amazing,again. No one is doing things remotely as demanding as this show. From a totality point of view.

What is this based on? The show I saw showed that both sections had a major lack of understanding in the finer points of their craft. The drums were dropping taps (something even 6-12 drumlines don't do) and the guard was trying to move on before they'd even caught their toss. This is a very basic skill that just wasn't being achieved.

• Like 4

You can win a championship by only winning one of two captions, or even none, which has happened before. If one is markedly better than everyone else, and their other captions are close to winning, they can still take the title

This is true. Conversely, many a terrific Corps has lost a Title at Finals by having one caption become their undoing, as that caption was just too far removed in spread from the top 2 or 3 scoring marks in that caption that night.

What is this based on? The show I saw showed that both sections had a major lack of understanding in the finer points of their craft. The drums were dropping taps (something even 6-12 drumlines don't do) and the guard was trying to move on before they'd even caught their toss. This is a very basic skill that just wasn't being achieved.

Wow man, let's slam the guard for moving on in the ridiculous drill they are doing in.... June. Omg what will the crown guard do without your savvy understanding. And that poor drumline. I mean. Dropping taps. Really what will they ever do to resolve such a precarious slope they are playing on. I mean 12th place lines don't drop taps.

Crown should just get rid of hannum. Hes obviously killing the corps.

Sarcasm off

• Like 2

Wow man, let's slam the guard for moving on in the ridiculous drill they are doing in.... June. Omg what will the crown guard do without your savvy understanding. And that poor drumline. I mean. Dropping taps. Really what will they ever do to resolve such a precarious slope they are playing on. I mean 12th place lines don't drop taps.

Crown should just get rid of hannum. Hes obviously killing the corps.

Sarcasm off

Thom writes at a level no other writer does (expect Colin McNutt, but that makes sense). As a result of their levels of writing, a higher level of playing needs to exist to play every last detail. Crown didn't have that level last season, but are slowly learning it this year.

Logic off.

Edited by JamMan
  • Like 3

This is true. Conversely, many a terrific Corps has lost a Title at Finals by having one caption become their undoing, as that caption was just too far removed in spread from the top 2 or 3 scoring marks in that caption that night.

Was it 2008 where the percussion spread was what lost it for BD? I seem to recall 4th or 5th for them that night. And garfield's perfect percussion score was what put Cadets over SCV in 87

This happens every year with crown! look at last year. they stayed in 4th place forever all the way up to finalsthumbdown.gif