Madison Mayhem - 6/22

1. Bluecoats - 71.35

2. Spirit of Atlanta - 66.5

3. Madison Scouts - 66.45

4. Blue Stars - 65.95

5. Troopers - 63.5

6. Glassmen - 61.75

7. Pioneer - 53.5

Same Numbers as "Chadwick." I like these..

• Like 3

As much as I love the Scouts, I wish they would move this show to a bigger venue. This is a relatively small high school stadium. Almost impossible to get a read on any drill. Preferred the Madison Memorial site from the mid-2000s.

That said, I'm really looking forward to this show! Wondering if Troopers and/or Spirit can make a statement.

As much as I love the Scouts, I wish they would move this show to a bigger venue. This is a relatively small high school stadium. Almost impossible to get a read on any drill. Preferred the Madison Memorial site from the mid-2000s.

That said, I'm really looking forward to this show! Wondering if Troopers and/or Spirit can make a statement.

They'll be hosting a show in a couple of weeks at UW Whitewater. Excellent stadium for drum corps!

Got my ticket/seat is on the top row of the stadium, gonna leave work early tomorrow night to have time to check out whatever is going on in the lots (usually the alumni have something going on) and hope to see a really great show.

IMO, Bluecoats should have the win easily - maybe not by the margin many DCPers expect (might start another thread that the Bluecoats are.......), but the 'fight' for 2nd place should be awesome!

Perfect temp and no rain, although we need some around here.

Safe travels to the show to all!

See ya there.

1. Bluecoats - 70.50

2. Madison Scouts - 69.00

3. Spirit of Atlanta - 65.5

4. Blue Stars - 64.95

5. Troopers - 63.5

6. Glassmen - 61.75

7. Pioneer - 53.5

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 2

They'll be hosting a show in a couple of weeks at UW Whitewater. Excellent stadium for drum corps!

It IS a great stadium for a drum corps show, but the walk from the parking lots gets longer and longer (unless you get there early and pay a few bucks as I recall) and then there is the CHOICE - either take the sidewalk and walk up the stadium rows to your seat OR walk up the steep (STEEP) blacktop road and get to your seats easily (after visiting some souvie stands!).

.....anyway, Friday's show is a short walk, free parking and lots of fun in Middleton. Can even watch a few bathing beauties (male & female) at the public pool just across the football field from the stands.

No predictions but I know the kids are really hyped for this season. They have been working very hard and have a potentially great show in the works. Best of luck to the Madison Scouts.

• Like 2

I know you're not supposed to compare scores from different years (especially with new judge sheets), and I know that Scouts and Troopers were never really "competitive" last year (the closest they got was 2.1 in Denton) I just think it's cool that the 10th-14th place drum corps from semis last year are meeting up in the first week this year.

10th. Madison Scouts 88.350

11th. Blue Stars 87.000

12th. Spirit of Atlanta 86.550

13th. Glassmen 83.400

14th. Troopers 83.200

That's only about a 5 point spread between all of them (which I know is actually quite a lot) But, only ad .45 between Stars and Spirit and .2 between Gmen and Troop.

So, I know that Troopers and Scouts weren't necessarily close last year, but I just thought it was interesting that this grouping is already going head to head (to head to head to head).

I just think it will be exciting to see how things turn out tomorrow, and how they unfold throughout the season.

Best of luck to all! :)