Inside BD 360 trailer

No. If Riefenstahl made it, it would be original, emotionally stirring, and worthy of a brilliant filmmaker (She is widely acknowledged as genius, who used her talents for the wrong side...)

The BD spot his just a bad attempt by lesser filmmakers to copy the style/tropes of Network Sports. Big difference.

If you have seen the complete video, it is pretty reminiscent of the old "Inside the NFL shows, but I'd hesitate to label it a "bad attempt". The production values aren't bad, video is solid, pacing is OK. A bit dramatic in the narration style maybe, but actually not all that bad. I may feel differently after following all of the series installments over the summer, but for now my feeling is that it's really not bad at all, and has the potential to be pretty interesting.

Edited by Photographer Jim

Thanks sir, just saw it!

Interesting way to frame a trailer for a season-long series of shorts. I'm trying to figure out (honestly, not being snarky) whether they're going after BD fans or drum corps fans in general, based on the message.

My gut says mostly BD fans, since the series is published on their media box and is accessed by subscription, at $9.99 a year.

memes have ruined my life.

Mimes ruined mine.

If you have seen the complete video, it is pretty reminiscent of the old "Inside the NFL shows, but I'd hesitate to label it a "bad attempt". The production values aren't bad, video is solid, pacing is OK. A bit dramatic in the narration style maybe, but actually not all that bad. I may feel differently after following all of the series installments over the summer, but for now my feeling is that it's really not bad at all, and has the potential to be pretty interesting.

I get it already that you are a BD supporter based on having to defend every negative post this morning. Great! Go ahead and support the series this summer. I know I will not be supporting it nor spending any money at the sovie booth either. Stupidity combined with arrogance and a huge ego will get you a long way in life I am sure.

• Like 4

You and your professional viewpoint....how DARE you!! :tongue:

ok, saw it....and this is from a supposed BD hater...

when you see the whole thing, it's really no big ####### deal.

Between this video, over reaction to some early season scores.....I swear DCP is on it's way to a record of drama for the sake of drama.

I may or may not like their show, but this has been blown more out proportion than Ron Jeremy

• Like 3

My gut says mostly BD fans, since the series is published on their media box and is accessed by subscription, at $9.99 a year.

True enough. I wonder how much of the idea was to try and get the average drum corps fan to subscribe/"become a BD fan."

It likely piques the interest of those that don't know anything about drum corps, but that probably isn't the target audience for the promoted product. So to that end, I think you're right - the baseline goal is probably to turn the casual BD fan into a subscribing BD fan.

You and your professional viewpoint....how DARE you!! :tongue:

I am highly insulted by, and resent being called "a professional". I do not take family portraits, I do not do weddings, and I certainly don't take photographs of people's cats!

I, sir, ...... Am an Artist! :rock:

I was expecting to see helmets and shoulder pads with that spiel.

Its funny that you mentioned this. I actually view DCI as a sport and I think DCI thinks of itself as a sport since they want to be called "marching music's major league". Kids in drum corps are great athletes and their work ethic is probably right up there with professional athletes. Having said that, sports are a competition where teams or in this case, corps compete against one another and are scored. Just like the major sports (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB) DCI holds a World Championships and they crown a champion at the end. Probably the main difference between DCI and major sports is that these kids are amateurs and they learn the spirit of competition, building long-time friendships, responsibility and every other life skill that DCI has to offer. But I do believe that corps want to win and I do not have a problem with BD thinking they are going to win the championship every year. Anyone who has played competitive sports hates the feeling of losing and I do not think there are 'moral victories'. Losing makes you work harder and makes you not get complaisant. For some corps, making the top 12 at DCI Finals might be their victory, but I think part of the Blue Devil's success is measured in championships. Wanting to win should not make a person or an organization a horrible entity.

Let's all just enjoy the season and I think my OKC Thunder need to watch the beginning of that video!!!!