Inside BD 360 trailer

For those who have won a Championship, there is another part, one that many choose to dismiss, because they know they are excluded. That is the chance to be a Champion, the best of the best. This becomes important to those who believe it is within their grasp. It doesn't mean that's all that is important to them.

I have no idea where my championship rings or gold medals are.

On the other hand, I wear my gears everyday because the brothers that I marched with are what I remember the most, and those friendships and experiences are what drum corps was all about to me.

Edited by drummer5485
  • Like 2

The Blue Devils are the Floyd Mayweather of Drum Corps.( without the undefeated record) That attitude starts from the top. As long The Blue Devils march and play well, I don't care about a silly video.

I'm not bad mouthing the organization (that's a passive aggressive strawman, victimized posture)

you said "Class does not have to equal humble"

I’m not sure I agree with that so I’m asking you to expand upon it and clarify what you define as class

I’m open to your ideas, win me over, make your point

I wanted to reply to you again so you didn't think I was just writing you off with my previous response.

"Over 450 young people currently participate in The Blue Devils programs, and over 8,000 young people, in 2,000 families, have been served by The Blue Devils organization since 1957." Taken from the Blue Devils website. The organization includes the A corps, B corps, C corps, Diablo Wind Symphony, and a Winter Guard. They offer children and young adults of all ages and skill levels a chance to perform. There is also BD Entertainment which not only gives those same students a chance to make money at what they love to do, but also expose our activity to more people. They have traveled the world and made great efforts in spreading music to those less fortunate.

Many of the members and current staff teach what they learned there to schools all over the country. Personally, if another former member and myself hadn't stepped in to teach a failing program they would not have fielded a show that year. At least one of those students went on to march with the Blue Devils.

They have the System Blue camps. In fact, as I'm typing this, there is an ad for it at the top of my screen. I'm sure you have all seen the videos of that young drummer drumming with the drum line.

It is a successful organization. They like to win and aren't too fond of losing. In the context of this video, it set up the rest of the video, which showed a bunch of kids who are incredibly humbled by the entire experience of drum corps.

And someone here wants to tell them they don't have any class? Blind ignorance.

• Like 5

The Blue Devils are the Floyd Mayweather of Drum Corps.( without the undefeated record) That attitude starts from the top. As long The Blue Devils march and play well, I don't care about a silly video.

and without the jail stuff.

well since 2000 finals anyways

:ph34r:

Welcome to the entertainment industry people.

Do you think shows "So You Think You Can Dance" got so popular by being sentimental to art of dance? It's the drama and the story that makes people wanna watch. I'm sorry to say but as much as you hate the message, the persona and the cockiness of the video, it's going to get more people interested in the activity. That means more support.

• Like 1

Well, if it bothers you much, just leave before BD performs.

It is pretty much reaching that point. I had a choice next weekend of going to Pacific Crest's show in Walnut, CA and seeing Blue Devils, Vanguard, Phantom, Academy, Mandarins, and Pacific Crest; or of going to Pacific Crest's show in Oceanside, CA and seeing everybody but the Blue Devils.

I'm going to Oceanside.

15-20 years ago, the Blue Devils were a corps I would go out of my way to see. Not any more.

• Like 2