West Coast Inflation!

Well if you look at the spread between Phantom and SCV in Mesa and give a logical score to Phantom.

if they had been at last nights show then they would have scored

76.15 compared to SCV & 76.5 compared to Blue Knights

Sounds like a little inflation to me.

Everyone knows the West Coast is all about how the show makes you feeeeellllll and how emotionally abstract it is.

In the East it's all about where is your foot is placed, or how straight lines can be

=)

• Like 5

Everyone knows the West Coast is all about how the show makes you feeeeellllll and how emotionally abstract it is.

In the East it's all about where is your foot is placed, or how straight lines can be

=)

If that is really the case, the East is strictly "old school" drum corps. Obviously this is not the way eastern drum corps compete these days. That being the case ,your argument isn't valid.In fact, it doesn't make any sense at all. Or were you just trying to be witty?

I honestly think performance accuracy should be the most important part of scoring.

How a show makes one "feel" is so relative and subjective, that it's about impossible to score it that way.

In fact, I would not be opposed to a scoring system that is done through super computers analyzing every single set to see how close to perfect it was performed, and same with music, percussion and guard. In fact, to judge a performance as accurately as possible, a scoring system such as this should take 2-3 days to give out a precise score.

And if you want to add all that subjective crap in it, such as GE and how the show makes you feel, etc, then fine, add 10% of the score to audience reaction, but don't count that 10% at Finals.

I don't understand GE and how it relates to scoring. There are shows that got higher GE than corps x, and the show was a waste of time for me to watch. I'm not going to give specific examples, but yes, there were a couple of corps that made Finals in the past couple of years that I completely hated their show and thought it was stupid, but another corps that didn't make finals, I enjoyed their show a lot more. So you tell me, how is that GE scored, when I'm sure I'm not the only one who hated show x but loved show y?

Take GE out of the scoring, and score shows purely from accuracy and difficulty. At least those aren't subjective.

Take GE out of the scoring, and score shows purely from accuracy and difficulty. At least those aren't subjective.

If your plan were adopted, all shows will become merely technical exercises. Anyone who doesn't like so-called "chop-n-bop" would hate the result.

I honestly think performance accuracy should be the most important part of scoring.

How a show makes one "feel" is so relative and subjective, that it's about impossible to score it that way.

In fact, I would not be opposed to a scoring system that is done through super computers analyzing every single set to see how close to perfect it was performed, and same with music, percussion and guard. In fact, to judge a performance as accurately as possible, a scoring system such as this should take 2-3 days to give out a precise score.

And if you want to add all that subjective crap in it, such as GE and how the show makes you feel, etc, then fine, add 10% of the score to audience reaction, but don't count that 10% at Finals.

I don't understand GE and how it relates to scoring. There are shows that got higher GE than corps x, and the show was a waste of time for me to watch. I'm not going to give specific examples, but yes, there were a couple of corps that made Finals in the past couple of years that I completely hated their show and thought it was stupid, but another corps that didn't make finals, I enjoyed their show a lot more. So you tell me, how is that GE scored, when I'm sure I'm not the only one who hated show x but loved show y?

youre right , you dont understand GE.................why dont we go back to the tick system which was all based on what yopu think it should ....that was a hot mess, even worse andwas just as subjective. :rolleyes:

=)

well i teach 2 corps in WC and 1 in DCA( all different parts of the coutry) and I can tell you 1st hand you couldnt be more wrong....... :ph34r:

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1