Fort Mill Flophouse

"...drawing for a flat screen...ah some stranger won it!"

The "Stranger" was the brass arranger from Crown's early years.

could not get the reporting from the show to work....very likely hurman error. oh well.

I had great seats....top dead center and I forgot that the FMHS stadium is a good stadium with good height. I went with my 13 old daughter (who is a Crown fan and looks forward to attending the shows) and her friend (who is now a new Crown and DC fan).

I noticed from all the corps that the sound was "light" and did not "Pop". The sound really did not seem to "Fill Up" the stadium and it was not swampy humid night. Not sure what happened to the sound. Also noticed the lack of projection from the snares across the board. ?

I'm really trying to like the Cadets show. If anyone could pull Christmas music off it would be them. I'm just not feeling it yet. Time will tell if this speaks to me personally. I had to explain to the girls who the man walking back and forth on the track was. Of course the girls loved the show as they could pick things like music and drill sets out.

The girls loved Cavies. They called it "Funky". And I had to explain what the "LOUD LOW DROWN" that kept getting louder LOUDER AND LOUDER as the show went on was......Thunderous Goo. Someone is very proud of that sound!

Crown- what can be said that has not already been said? Right now at this stage of the summer it's a very good show. I love the long slow build throughout Fanfare and is my personal highlight of the show. Crown was the girls favorite corps of the night. The friend commented that she liked how the "Fanfare" piece was quoted throughout the show.

Edited by splat-a-drag-a-phonium

Obviously, Sal Adamo was at a different show than the other judges tonight when Cavaliers performed.

Kind of like a Sesame Street episode. Which of these numbers doesn't belong:

14.2-------14.3------13.1------14.3------14.4

Maybe he called it the way he felt?

• Like 1

Hm, concerning Crown vs. Cadets, if I interpret the sheet correctly:

-Tied total GE (Crown taking Music by 0.2, Cadets taking Visual by 0.2)

--GE Music judge thought both programs' rep were evenly matched.

-Crown wins total visual (sans guard) by 0.5 (proficiency by 0.2, analysis by 0.3)

--Possible trouble for Cadets: Vis Proficiency judge thought Cadets were slightly cleaner (by 0.1) with an easier show (by -0.3). VIsual Analysis judge also thought Cadets had an easier show (by 0.2)

-Cadets win music analysis by 0.2.

-Weird: Cadets had a more effective and well-communicated visual program, but 2nd in both Visual Analysis and Proficiency. Crown had a more effective and well-communicated musical program, but 2nd in Music Analysis.

• Like 1