DCI West tour 2013

Every year one of the big east corps does the west coast loop. When is that decided and announced? Since all the California shows I'm interested in seeing are over (don't hate), I'd be interested to know who is coming next year.

Every year one of the big east corps does the west coast loop. When is that decided and announced? Since all the California shows I'm interested in seeing are over (don't hate), I'd be interested to know who is coming next year.

Usually isn't decided until the off-season. Schedule isn't released until Winter or Spring.

Don't know if it constitutes to everyone but when Bloo made the decision to come out west in 09 it was announced at one of the audition camps in December of 08.

I nominate the BD to start the season in the midwest and enjoy practicing and performing in JUNE in this heat and not taking so much time off to practice while everyone else performs. LOL :tongue:

• Like 4

While we thoroughly enjoy our visits from Phantom Regiment, 2013 will probably be a year they skip the west coast. Rick is usually the first to speak up when DCI asks who would be willing to come this way, but they just can't foot the bill to do it every year.

Supposedly, Cavaliers and Scouts need to be in the midwest on certain dates to receive a couple of major donations (or something to that effect), which is why we seldom see them. How about Crossmen? How about Spirit of Atlanta? Crown?

I think Boston was brilliant in their decision to hold their spring training in California. Why bus everyone across the country after last camp before opening the season? Most are flying in from all over anyway. Why not fly in to San Francisco, San Jose or Sacramento? Anyone who decides to tour the west should talk to Tom Spataro and get some hints on how they did it.

One more thing. Can we get Troopers back out sometime soon? I don't care where they finish, I just like to see the Troopers!

Garry in Vegas

• Like 3

While we thoroughly enjoy our visits from Phantom Regiment, 2013 will probably be a year they skip the west coast. Rick is usually the first to speak up when DCI asks who would be willing to come this way, but they just can't foot the bill to do it every year.

Supposedly, Cavaliers and Scouts need to be in the midwest on certain dates to receive a couple of major donations (or something to that effect), which is why we seldom see them. How about Crossmen? How about Spirit of Atlanta? Crown?

I think Boston was brilliant in their decision to hold their spring training in California. Why bus everyone across the country after last camp before opening the season? Most are flying in from all over anyway. Why not fly in to San Francisco, San Jose or Sacramento? Anyone who decides to tour the west should talk to Tom Spataro and get some hints on how they did it.

One more thing. Can we get Troopers back out sometime soon? I don't care where they finish, I just like to see the Troopers!

Garry in Vegas

Um, whatever.

But no, we won't be on the west coast next year.

• Like 1

Um, whatever.

But no, we won't be on the west coast next year.

Can they afford it? I know lots of corps are struggling financially, even corps with outside income sources like BD and SCV have been pursuing other sources of income for their corps. Can Phantom really afford the trip every year out West? It would be cool if they could keep coming out, instead of going 5 years between trips. (2008 was the last time, right?)

1341449474[/url]' post='3163790']

Can they afford it? I know lots of corps are struggling financially, even corps with outside income sources like BD and SCV have been pursuing other sources of income for their corps. Can Phantom really afford the trip every year out West? It would be cool if they could keep coming out, instead of going 5 years between trips. (2008 was the last time, right?)

PR was in California last season as well.

PR was in California last season as well.

Oh, I did forget about that. Thank you for the conclusion. The medicine I'm on from my injury make me a little forgetful. I just wonder if they can afford to make a trip out west every year, as was alluded to by Choas001