Racine Scouts Cease 2012 Operations

Sad news from Racine.

The Racine Scouts from Racine WI have decided to cease our 2012 Operations effective immediately. It is the goal of The Racine Scouts to provide the best possible experience to all involved. The corps feels that at this point in time we must cease field operations and plan towards 2013. We see this as growing potential and not as an end. GO CHROME!

The Racine Scouts gave me the best two weeks of my life this summer and I wished things didn't have to end this way. This is proof that if you make your corps angry enough and refuse to fold when you should, the members will make it fold.

Sad story for Racine Scouts, but this could be a potential windfall for other corps who are hurting for members. I'd encourage those who marched with RS to check those corps out if they still want to march this summer.

Sad story for Racine Scouts, but this could be a potential windfall for other corps who are hurting for members. I'd encourage those who marched with RS to check those corps out if they still want to march this summer.

Maybe Pioneer will pick up some of those members?

Please come back soon Racine. I'm sorry the season had to end, but sometimes taking the season off is better for the future health of the corps

The Racine Scouts gave me the best two weeks of my life this summer and I wished things didn't have to end this way. This is proof that if you make your corps angry enough and refuse to fold when you should, the members will make it fold.

What does THAT mean?

What does THAT mean?

We didn't have enough members to continue doing shows and they were still trying to find as many plugs a possible, meaning more kids acting up in our uniform. Along with that, people were getting sick and it was a bad situation they needed to end. Most of us decided to go because that was the only way to get things to stop.

I'm really sorry to see Racine not finishing the season for whatever the reason. They will be missed, but I hope to see them back on the field next year.