Congratulations Spirit of Atlanta

I never said I wouldn't be unhappy if I was in their shoes. I'm just telling DCP what I was told by another corps staff member, because I know how DCP is about receiving credible information. Sure, I would be upset.

And I heard a few of them did walk over and congratulate them. So, guess that doesn't say much either way.

Spirit should be applauded for what looks like their first top 10 finish in a long time. But these are not the same Cavaliers.

Is it the same accomplishment if Blue Stars beats the Cavaliers?

Is it the same accomplishment if everybody beats the Cavaliers?

The Colts without Peyton Manning are not the same Colts.

It was an accomplishment for Cavaliers when they beat Spirit for the first time since 1977, SOA's first season. It's an accomplishment for any corps to beat a corps it hadn't for quite some time.

In this activity, those who win generally show lots of class, because they know some day they won't be leaving the field last. And those who finish over other corps need to keep proper perspective because at some time, those corps may be over them.

• Like 3

It was an accomplishment for Cavaliers when they beat Spirit for the first time since 1977, SOA's first season. It's an accomplishment for any corps to beat a corps it hadn't for quite some time.

In this activity, those who win generally show lots of class, because they know some day they won't be leaving the field last. And those who finish over other corps need to keep proper perspective because at some time, those corps may be over them.

Wise words, what goes around comes around. You can be the darling of DCI one year and disgarded the next. With GE such a determining factor

in total score and that being all subjective, it really becomes who is the flavor of the year? Having said that, Im more amazed that Cavies

have been so consistently great for so many years, not them having one off year. Thats a great corps/organization.

Always considered Crossmen Spirit's best friend. Glad to see them doing well this year. Both corps share a special bond as they have awards named for each other...

I know each Corps will salute the other at Finals Retreat if the other doesn't make it. What happens this year WHEN both Corps reach Finals?

Remember as we talk about history and who used to beat who back in the day, that the perspective that counts here is that of the current marching members. I still remember what a HUGE deal it was when Crown first topped Cavies in '09 at the Normal show. There was laughter and tears and also a bit of the surreal -- this (the Cavaliers) was a corps that lived quite comfortably at the pinnacle of the activity.

It's huge moment from the perspective of the current marching members. Let them enjoy it :-)

Yes all things change.

Yes Spirit used to be powerhouse in the top 6.

But for just this moment, let it be HOLY #### WE JUST BEAT THE FREAKING CAVALIERS!

Congrats Spirit !

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 5

I know each Corps will salute the other at Finals Retreat if the other doesn't make it. What happens this year WHEN both Corps reach Finals?

They should still make the salutations... Make the delta and the cross... or maybe do a tune together in the parking lot afterwards...

• Like 1

They should still make the salutations... Make the delta and the cross... or maybe do a tune together in the parking lot afterwards...

I hope so. That sounds great to me!

CONGRATULATIONS SPIRIT!!! SO awesome to see a show that fits you so well. Although I've only seen it online can't wait to see it live. Yes this IS a milestone for the corp regardless of why the Cavaliers are scoring how they're scoring. Be proud but DON'T get TOO comfortable.

Regardless of scores sounds like you're a crowd fav this year!

Congratulations, SOA! I saw an early season video of them on line. I thought to myself "this SOA corps is going places this summer." I am very pleased I was correct. May Spirit succeed even beyond their wildest dreams come Indy! Solid Top 10 placement!