Omaha, Nebraska

Frankly, I don't have an overall opinion about narration, but if I were given a choice between a French lesson and hearing a band dweeb narrate his musical coming of age, I'd choose the former.

I think we kinda need the voices. The show is, technically, "Cabaret Voltaire" -- it isn't Dada. It's trying to represent the bar/salon where Dada was born -- a space of art and (I'm assuming?) alcohol. I think a little cacophony makes sense. I think trippiness makes sense. I think if we listen to it as one sound among many, like a drunk person in the corner, we might enjoy it more. And I think if we still don't like it, that's 100% okay and doesn't make us stupid. I still can't get through the Cadets' cancer/talkshow program, I still cringe at BD's awful-lolful Brando impersonation, and I'm okay with this.

...What BD *really* needs to hear from us is that the amps are too loud overall, especially on the lower end. Turn those mama's down, it's annoying.

Yep I agree! I still refuse to listen to Dance Derby and other shows like that but for some reason this doesn't bother me. My son kept playing "this I believe" over and over on the way to the Stanford show to annoy me but it just got to be funny in a strange way. I'll take this over Jingle bells any day!

ah yes, he found his Fountain of Youth when he was a young artist.

His best work might have been his self created epitaph on his grave in 1968 which reads :

" D'ailleurs, c'est toujours les autres qui meurent " which means :

" Besides, its always other people who die "

Edit: someone posted a quote 'Je ne peux pas être le seul qui pense que le parlant français est ennuyeux.' which loosely translates to 'not sure why thinking or speaking french but boring' oh my :w00t:

"I can not be the only one who thinks that speaking French is boring."

it works as a collage effect. If it had all been in english I doubt it would work but this way it's more of a sound scape. Unless of course you are offended by hearing other languages like French and German.

I'd rather see it in a video montage but it doesn't bother as much as other narration has in the past.

I eat French fries.... Unmmmmm French fries alllaallllalllaaalaaa.....(Homer Simpson)

I guess if they wuz sayin gawd bless Uh'Merica then everyone'd love em.

I don't know. I've heard plenty of complaints that Star '92 or Cadets '02 push patriotism to mawkishness.

Some guy at the show just tweeted Eric Whitacre, asking him "how do you feel about the drum corps Santa Clara Vanguard's use of your Leonardo Dreams of His Flying Machine in their show?"

I would love to know if he answers.....

Just saw Whitacre's answer:

"Haven't seen it yet but I'm honored to be included in their show."

Very cool! :thumbup: