Marvelous Minneapolis

This is a throwback closer, almost has an '80s Freelancers vibe to it.

Thanks for pointing that out... it felt somewhat familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. There is a lot of potential in Colts show this year.

Well aint you a stinker.

Honestly I miss Guidry coming on DCP, he's got a fun personality. A while ago he went into the drumcorps AIM chatroom and video chatted with people. Also Hrothgar tried to give him tips on arranging, which was hilarious to watch unfold.

Yeah, Guidry gets treated really unfairly on here. Chuck is back, and they're sounding great - why keep bringing Guidry up? He's a good guy and doesn't deserve the grief that he gets from Monday morning arrangers.

• Like 2

WOW .. one of the strongest SOLO voices I've heard in about 25 years .. other than the Scouts guy from 95 and the BD guy from the early 2000's. I wish every single horn player in DCI played with that type of sonority at F-FFF. Lots of SWAG. And the DM no less.

Then make sure to see Jersey Surf's DM NAIL the bari solo in Land of Make Believe. Sadly, they are not here tonight... but he (Jon) is awesome.

• Like 1

I remember Colts doing a park-n-blow closer like that a few years ago. And at DATR one poor girl blew till she passed out. She did a face plant right in that horn arc. I never even saw her falter or even the fall iteself. One moment she was up, and the next moment she was flat on her face.

On a weird and personal note, I'm sitting here with a lump in my throat because this is the last time my kid will march in Minneapolis...seems like only this morning he was 16 and marching for Spirit...

• Like 3

I already like this opener.