Marvelous Minneapolis

So, here's the thing. If the art that BD has created in the journey of examining the nature of art makes you react this strongly, they have already accomplished the goals of their program and your vehement leaving will only reinforce the strong feelings they have created.

:rolleyes: It's just marching band.

• Like 1

Unreal!!! Just absolutely UNREAL! :thumbup::worthy::thumbup::worthy:

Carolina Crown has a wonderful show, with awesome brass, drums are solid, and the drill is their best ever! When they play loud they still sound in control. What a blend, and what a great brass book. One of the most demanding I have ever heard in DCI. It's up there with Star 90, 91, 92, 93, Cadets 93 & 97, and BD 2003 & 2010.

If they clean this...they win. Let's see what BD has, and Cadets will be heard from too, but I just can't see anyone beating this show in Indy if they clean and fix a few minor things.

I was standing in my home office after the full Fanfare for the Common Man segment.

Did you just lump in BD 2010 with BD 2003?

The Cadets are an excellent corps. I STILL dislike Christmas music, and even they can't make me like it! Bah Humbug!

• Like 1

Top 12 so far ... I have:

18 Cascades

17 Troopers

16 Colts

15 Crossmen

14 The Academy

13 Glassmen

12 Blue Stars

11 Blue Knights

10 Cavies

09 Spirit

08 Boston

07 Scouts

06 Bluecoats

05 SCV

04 Phantom Regiment

I think blue stars move up. and spirit moves down (if not tonight, eventually)

• Like 1

I want the APD of this show just for Do You Hear What I Hear. This arrangement and the mellophone solo makes me inordinately happy.

• Like 1

I don't like those slides on the left...and the guard members sliding down them. Kinda weird if you ask me.

Sorry don't care about "irony" in drumcorps. If you want to do avant garde revive Suncoast 88 - be serious for once BD.

So they're the hipsters of drum corps now? Just doing stuff cause it's ironic? Great way to get audience connection, I'm sure.

• Like 1