Marvelous Minneapolis

Is it uncouth to say that I HATE Christmas music right now? Love the holiday, but the music makes me want to puke.

• Like 3

You folks are hilarious. Cavaliers show has no throughline and is composed of "musical fragments', but BD comes out with a show where the horn players get to stand a lot, waiting for everyone else to hit the form, play a series of musical fragments punctuated with non-ironic statements about the importance of Dadaism, and it's brilliant.

Somewhere Duchamp and Tristan Tzara are laughing their arses off.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 5

As usual for BD: August clean in mid-July. Definitely the cleanest so far. Remarkably talented group of performers on all levels. But it's just a show that in design does nothing for me. No emotional response at all from me and only holds my attention for skilled performance.

If the new sheets really do take audience engagement into consderation more than the previous sheets, then BD should have a tougher road to hoe to win this year. As good as they perform, the audience has a tough time connecting to this show, especially after experiencing performances from Phantom and Crown which grab you from the first note and dares you not to love them.

Also, when did BD become the prop corps? It's like they can't do a show without them anymore.

I guess I'm going to have to wait until San Antonio when I'll get to see BD live. I know it's a talented group of "kids" and it's a demanding show, but this show is still just not grabbing my attention.

• Like 2

I don't have FN, so I'm having to experience tonight's show through everyone's comments..so I have to ask: Who is better, Cavies, or Boston? Thoughts?

Boston.. IMO

It might be because they're rocking horses.

Amazing that all of us so called "serious fans" have yet to grasp that "dada" in french means "hobby horse." I bet if it was Crown, everyone would know that... :satisfied:

Typical of not giving BD's shows a chance and taking the time to learn something about such a hip and sophisticated approach to design. Personally, I'd rather watch and hear PR or Crown, but have the utmost respect for this design staff and amazing performers.

• Like 5

I don't have FN, so I'm having to experience tonight's show through everyone's comments..so I have to ask: Who is better, Cavies, or Boston? Thoughts?

Boston by a bunch.