Marvelous Minneapolis

Agreed. I'm really tired of all the chop and bop and the "just because" juxtaposed arrangements that most of the corps are trying. This is pretty true in most of the corps this year. It is NOT the exception. It's probably due to the sheets too... Also, all the lower body stuff is just over the top... Everyone's putting it in because it's on the sheets or it's interpreted as on the sheets. Look at EVERY corps. They're all guilty of doing it. It's not effective most of the time and it's overdone... Whose fault is it? Which corps started these two things... shutup.gif

You can minus me, it's ok, but it's true!

yeah the forced in applications of malagaguena isn't doing it for me

• Like 1

Some of those Cavalier people are the best fans in the activity Kasey, and they're going through an extremely rough stretch right now.

I was trying to be nice. :rolleyes:

I know. I love the Cavaliers organization, and the corps. Why does any remotely negative comment about Cavies get followed up by "they are a great corps with a great history" or "they have great fans, yada yada yada". I realize that. It's just like every drum corps.

The 12 finalists have finished their performances at Lucas Oil Stadium and the scores are about to be announced. As the PA announcer I have them in my hand. I glance down and I see that Madison has finished in the middle of the pack. Suddenly, I'm handed another announcement that a meteor is heading towards the earth and will land on the 50-yard line and wipe out all the performers. I'm asked to tell those in the stands not to worry because they will all be safe because they can head upwards to the safety of the concourse. Unfortunately, all the performers on the field will perish EXCEPT there is enough room in the locker rooms to save one drum corps. To be fair, we can either award this to (A) the corps with the highest score --yet to be announced-- or (B) to the one who gets the loudest and most sustained applause. As the announcer, I ask the audience by their applause which method they want to use to determine which corps will survive.

Following the vote, Madison heads for the locker room but pauses, turns and plays "Walk On" from the tunnel one last time as the meteor hits all the George Hopkins influenced corps hardest. It's called justice.

Are you high?

• Like 4

But if it makes you feel any better, you don't need to apologize.

Whew, thats sure a relief.

I know. I love the Cavaliers organization, and the corps. Why does any remotely negative comment about Cavies get followed up by "they are a great corps with a great history" or "they have great fans, yada yada yada". I realize that. It's just like every drum corps.

Because it is the classy response. Anytime someone gets on here and says anything remotely negative about Crown or Madison on here people freak out and that person gets dog-piled.

Considering how bad the cavaliers have been beaten up on this forum and how much some people have relished in their competitive struggles this year, you don't hear lots of people on here crying foul. They are having a down year this year, but I have seen the corps rehearse. You would not know that they are struggling by how they rehearse. The still have talented kids and staff there. It is not like they forgot how to teach, design, and perform overnight. They are taking risks and trying new things and some of them are not working out. They will bounce back just fine.

• Like 1

Because it is the classy response. Anytime someone gets on here and says anything remotely negative about Crown or Madison on here people freak out and that person gets dog-piled.

Considering how bad the cavaliers have been beaten up on this forum and how much some people have relished in their competitive struggles this year, you don't hear lots of people on here crying foul. They are having a down year this year, but I have seen the corps rehearse. You would not know that they are struggling by how they rehearse. The still have talented kids and staff there. It is not like they forgot how to teach, design, and perform overnight. They are taking risks and trying new things and some of them are not working out. They will bounce back just fine.

Hey I love their show this year, and I've loved just about every Cavaliers show to date. I don't think there's one where I never liked. They're my most consistent favorite. When I first found out about drum corps, I was obsessed over the Cavaliers.

Every drum corps has a shockingly big fall every once in a while. Sometimes you have to have a not so good season to have an amazing season. That's how a lot of things work. I get it...cool?

Edited by kaseyW

The 12 finalists have finished their performances at Lucas Oil Stadium and the scores are about to be announced. As the PA announcer I have them in my hand. I glance down and I see that Madison has finished in the middle of the pack. Suddenly, I'm handed another announcement that a meteor is heading towards the earth and will land on the 50-yard line and wipe out all the performers. I'm asked to tell those in the stands not to worry because they will all be safe because they can head upwards to the safety of the concourse. Unfortunately, all the performers on the field will perish EXCEPT there is enough room in the locker rooms to save one drum corps. To be fair, we can either award this to (A) the corps with the highest score --yet to be announced-- or (B) to the one who gets the loudest and most sustained applause. As the announcer, I ask the audience by their applause which method they want to use to determine which corps will survive.

Following the vote, Madison heads for the locker room but pauses, turns and plays "Walk On" from the tunnel one last time as the meteor hits all the George Hopkins influenced corps hardest. It's called justice.

But there is more than an " A " or " B " option. Since in this vignette of yours you are the self proclaimed" announcer " in it, you had an option " C ". Which is : don't get so high before the show that you are seeing meteorites about to crash through and kill all the kids at retreat on the field except your favorite Corps. If I was you, I'd go with the option " C " in this hellacious bizarre creation of yours of death and destruction.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

But there is more than an " A " or " B " option. Since in this vignette of yours you are the self proclaimed" announcer " in it, you had an option " C ". Which is : don't get so high before the show that you are seeing meteorites about to crash through and kill all the kids at retreat on the field except your favorite Corps. If I was you I'd go with the option " C " in this bizarre creation of yours.

Option "C" as in NO Cannibis?

Edited by kaseyW

Are you high?

No. I was trying to use creative humor to make the same point that Highwaydude did in posting #1587. Some people got it and some didn't. I feel like Mort Sahl.

Your assignment, look him up. Do a little research about the line, "Talk about cruel and unusual punishment!" and report back to us on your findings. OK? Nighty night. :thumbs-up:

Edited by Martin I. Zing
  • Like 1

No. I was trying to use creative humor to make the same point that Highwaydude did in posting #1587. Some people got it and some didn't. I feel like Mort Sahl.

Your assignment, look him up. Do a little research about the line, "Talk about cruel and unusual punishment!" and report back to us on your findings. OK? Nighty night. :thumbs-up:

10163273.jpg

Edited by kaseyW
  • Like 1