Lisle Friday July 13

The Cavaliers host their second home show of the year in Lisle IL this Friday night. (Michigan City was held June 30.) This is a great treat for us Chicago fans, cause you can hop aboard a Metra express train from the Loop to Lisle. Sure, it's a healthy walk to the stadium once you arrive, but a train ride combined with a DCI show is nirvana.

As both Teal Sound and Racine Scouts have bowed out, the 8-corps show is now a half dozen: Pioneer, Blue Knights, The Cavaliers, Madison Scouts, The Cadets, and Santa Clara Vanguard.

Is showtime still 7PM? See you there!

Uggh. Then it's a local train all the way back to Chicago.

I've heard seating is extremely limited. Any confirmations on this?

I heard (in K-zoo) that only low seats are available. Still a great deal for $20. You will be up close for the Cavaliers front ensemble fight, the base of the Cadets' flag Christmas tree, the first to see Madison rotate, close enough to count the pearls on the Pioneer guard, and I have no explanation for you for the Colorado nor California units - ain't them them yet.

well, could this be the first time since 2000 that SCV beats the Cavaliers? It's been a long time, I'm sure all of the competition will be tight Friday, especially going into the regional. How will SCV, Cavies, Madison, and Cadets stack up?

• Like 1

FYI. Bring sunglasses. The stands face west. I've been there several times ( our HS band marched there ) and I was finally able to see a cavalcade of brass not rained out. Too bad my boys didn't march dci last year. It was a great night but warning you it will be hot! Forecast weather is 89 and still 80's at nightfall Also there aren't any "away" stands.

I wish I was going this year but I'm leaving for Minneapolis to see my boy. And praying for no tornados as I was a part of that ordeal

Enjoy!!

It was a great night but warning you it will be hot! Forecast weather is 89 and still 80's at nightfall

Enjoy!!

That's hot? That seems like a pretty cool night for a drum corps show

• Like 2

Factor that the sun is beating on you and there is the humidify factor. It will be warm.

Guess humidity is a factor. But I'm looking at a forecast of 113 where I live on Friday, and it was 110 today. The 80s seems positively chilly this time of year