Lisle Friday July 13

Cavies are up next.....

You think Scouts will drop from their last score? Why?

nothing goes in a straight line. It'll still be a good number

• Like 1

1342232634[/url]' post='3171327']

Pretty metaphorical ...... 12 years is the last time SCV beat the Cavies .. and Cavies won in 2000 .. the year after SCV last won.

Thanks. I had been wondering if there might have been an interesting artifact involved with some special significance shared between the two corps, or something. Like the axe which goes to the winner of the Cal / Stanford Big Game.

I'll throw out some numbers for fun. :smile:

Cadets ~ 84.2

SCV ~ 81.5

Scouts ~ 80.1

Cavies ~ 76.5

BK ~ 75.0

Pioneer ~ 64.6

Cadets 84.65

SCV 81.1

Scouts 79.5

Cavies 76.6

BK 76.1

Pioneer 63.9

Scouts might be in the lower 79's tonight .. but I'm not sure they'll break 80 just yet. BK's score I predicted is a big point boost as well... but I think it will be justified going head to head with Cavies. Put it this way .. either BK will be lower and Cavies will be lower ... or as I predicted.

Thanks. I had been wondering if there might have been an interesting artifact involved with some special significance shared between the two corps, or something. Like the axe which goes to the winner of the Cal / Stanford Big Game.

Or the rope that has been slowly choking you for 12 years. Not to mention, SCV's corps director is Cavies old corps director ... amongst other things. Should be interesting to see how this washes out come finals.

Oh to be a fly on the wall 20 years from now in Mr. Fiedler's house ... recalling the old days.

Edited by supersop

It's not metaphorical at all. It's pretty much exactly what you thought it might be. It dates back to 1970, when SCV beat Cavies for the first time ever.

Boy, isn't this DRUM CORPS stuff great!!!! It's awesome we can all get together and enjoy it on this site!

• Like 1

It is exactly what it sounds like, no metaphor in the slightest. It's given to whichever corps is on the bottom in their rivalry. The last time SCV was on top was before Denver in 2000, so they're hoping to give it back to the Cavaliers tonight for the first time in 12 years