DCI Minnesota Recap Roundup

Nicely done! Thanks for the comments during the show as well.

Edited by jwillis35

Any reason given why Pioneer didn't make it to Minneapolis?

Thanks for the recap, Michael!

They weren't there last year, either.

This is usually the week they make changes. They also had an alumni day back in Milwaukee. Surf, mandarins, and crest were not there anyone know why they were not there?

Edited by acvulm87

NICE job by SCV Percussion.

Percussion sure is an interesting category. It's pretty much carrying the Cavaliers right now (tied for 4th with Crown). And it's also helping to keep Crown and Regiment from being where they probably should be (ahead of BD and Cadets)

I really don't understand Cadets scoring higher than Regiment in Music GE. Something about "Jingle Bells is better than Nessun Dorma(played by a very good Phantom Regiment)" just doesn't make any sort of sense to me.

• Like 2

This is great how you do this. We get to learn what the judges evaluations were on each Corps strengths and weaknesses in performance last night relative to the others around them in competition.

• Like 1

I really don't understand Cadets scoring higher than Regiment in Music GE. Something about "Jingle Bells is better than Nessun Dorma(played by a very good Phantom Regiment)" just doesn't make any sort of sense to me.

Quick Question for you: Which has better or greater musical impact (i.e. GE): Wynton Marsalis playing trumpet on a version of Jingle Bells with his ensemble, or Chris Martin playing trumpet on version of Nessun Dorma with the Chicago Symphony?

Edited by Stu

Mike.. have you seen the current DCI rankings today on the DCI scores section of their website ? Its beyond funny. I had no idea the Vanguard Cadets and the Blue Devils B Corps were quite this good compared to the other World Class Corps.... haha

• Like 1