So, it's a two corps race.

URGENT - HOPPY - GET RID OF THOSE RAMPS! You're competitive in every caption except visual.

This design element is so..... it seems such a strange choice to me. I have to think they have other plans for the ramps. The ballad of "Do You Hear What I Hear?" is so beautiful and evokes such a different kind of imagery than people sliding down snow banks. The lyricists of this song wrote it as a plea for peace in the world, with definite spiritual overtones. It feels so strange to me to see a "playful" vibe of people sledding, (or whatever they are doing). I simply love the ballad......but then I'm confused by the guard on the ramps.

Maybe I'm way off base here. They are on the ramps during this ballad, correct??

• Like 2

They are on the ramps during this ballad, correct??

Yes.

In 2008 I thought we were in a race with the just the Blue Devils

Look who ended up winning...

And last year, Cadets came out of Minneapolis in 4th.

• Like 1

After seeing the TOC show tonight, I'm hoping Cadets can make a push for the top. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed their show. BD also. Both were very entertaining. Actually, I enjoyed everyone except...

After seeing the TOC show tonight, I'm hoping Cadets can make a push for the top. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed their show. BD also. Both were very entertaining. Actually, I enjoyed everyone except...

Except?????

That's what I was thinking. DCP is a lot of things but shills for BD isn't one of them.

I would "suggest" that DCP is rather reflective of the overall drum corps fan base in that regard

Rarely does BD get a great cheer from any drum corps crowd in any stadium. The "normal fan" seems pretty bored by their shows, pretty frustrated with the way they are scored

I'm a more serious, long-term fan - and I get their execution. The GE scores still confound me at times

It's not just "DCP" feeling this way. Even at finals in 2010 almost the entire crowd left the stadium before their victory encore

THAT speaks volumes.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

This is Crowns year. They will find a way to own that field come august.

BD gets beat tonight

Oops!! Speak to soon?

• Like 2

Reviving this thread because it's very clear now that it's BD and Crown for the title. This time last year the 3rd place corps in San Antonio was just over a point off the lead. Last night Regiment was almost two points out of second and almost three out of first. It's a wrap for everyone else but BD and CC, at least with regards to winning the gold.

I was of the opinion Crown would end up on top but looking at the recaps from last night I'm think BD will hold them off. Crown was only .2 behind BD in percussion. They may not get that close again in that caption the rest of the season and even if they had tied in drums they would have still been more than .5 behind BD. Problem for Crown is they don't have many captions to work with. Brass is Crowns for sure but BD has always been able to hang close with Crown. BD will beat Crown in drums and there's very little chance Crown can beat BD in the visual captions. Colorguard edge BD. At the end of the day I don't think Crown can beat BD by a large enough margin in brass and the music captions to make up the deficit. BD wins.

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 1

Boogey, it all comes down to GE captions. Last night Nola Jones had the balls to put Crown ahead in Music GE, while Richard Saucedo played it conservative and slotted accordingly.

I think in the next couple weeks you'll see Crown eat away at the GE numbers and those numbers don't get divided by 2 (unless it's a double panel). Crown will eek out the brass wins, percussion IS getting better for Crown, so they might keep it close.

I believe Crown's guard work is ridiculous and should actually be scoring higher than BD's but hey....judges like yellow..and yellow, and more yellow.

We'll see how much the visual cleans up in the next week or so. If they clean the drill ALL caption scores go up.

BD is has alot less cleaning to do and alot less points to earn

• Like 4