So, it's a two corps race.

Look back at 2008. When Phantom took the win with Spartacus. That crowd that year thrusted that show to win. It was such a huge crowd favorite clearly. If it takes finals week for Crown to finally pull it off. If will happen then for sure. The crowd is very much behind Crown this year. Just listen to every show on the Fan Network, or see a show in person such as I did in Minneapolis and even heard last night from San Antonio. It will happen! Crown's show is pure brilliance and entertainment. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

• Like 2

In terms of the 3 spot, I really hope SCV catches up. They had such an amazing performance last night, and that show really sounded nice. I loved it.

• Like 1

it was this time last year after the cadets came in 4th the same was done.....HMMMMM ..how did it end?

Wrong. Last year at San Antonio the Cadets were 3rd, 0.65 behind the Cavies and 1st in GE. This year: 4th, 3.45 points behind BD. Big difference.

Look back at 2008. When Phantom took the win with Spartacus. That crowd that year thrusted that show to win. It was such a huge crowd favorite clearly. If it takes finals week for Crown to finally pull it off. If will happen then for sure. The crowd is very much behind Crown this year. Just listen to every show on the Fan Network, or see a show in person such as I did in Minneapolis and even heard last night from San Antonio. It will happen! Crown's show is pure brilliance and entertainment. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

crowd was with crown last year also...and ?...granted it turning into anyone but BD and thats sad..youre right its starting to feel like 08

Anything is possible, but I don't see it. Taking a phrase from politics, I just don't see a "path to victory" for Crown when you look at the captions.

Where I see a path to victory based the current recaps? BD is pretty clean. Crown is .85 behind and very dirty .... in every section. Path to victory is clean. BD is almost already there. Crown is not even close. Path to victory thrown down.

Looking at Regional scores the last year I marched ... I came to the conclusion that 2 weeks prior to finals the top 6 were all even. EVEN!

I find that interesting because we never ALL met head to head at a regional. It was usually 2 of the top 6 at each one. SCV beat us ... Cavies beat us .. and those were the 6th and 2nd place corps that year... yet we eventually won finals week. With the way things are now .. I find it impossible to believe any of the score spreads at almost any show ... especially regionals. Now 3.65 .. you're right .. that's a gap. But is it truth?

If the setup for the tour were different .. there would be alot more suspense in DCI. We wouldn't be having these arguments about clusters and top 2 races. It would be a huge headscratcher and that's the way I loved it.... not knowing who was going to make the final push.

Edited by supersop

It will happen in Allentown. Crown won't look back IMO.

Actually, I think it will happen at Crown's home show NightBeat next Sunday. With BD going on earlier and crown going on last, it could happen. And I agree that once it does happen, Crown won't look back...

GE, guard and Brass.

Their brass isn't going to be THAT much higher than BD. Cetainly hot high enough to make up the diff in percussion. Hell, BD may nip them in that caption as well by finals if the visual holds their horns back due to not being clean. Guard there is 0% chance. GE maybe.