Star Babies

Star Babies are members of corps who are children of people who marched Star of Indiana. A number of former Star members are showing up at various shows and displaying a "Go (Star) Babies" banner from a high level. (The "Star" is a large white star on a pink background.) In Minneapolis, they were way up by the press box and unveiled the banner whenever a corps—any corps—took the field with a Star Baby in their ranks.

I love this activity. :thumbup::worthy:

• Like 9

Very cool! I'll have to keep an eye open for them this weekend in San Antonio.

Man...we're getting old.

Don Warren has been known as "The Old Man" among Cavaliers, since the time the corps was founded...(even though he was younger than some of the members at the time). I'm now seven years older than he was when I marched my last year. And he seemed really old at the time. Interestingly, the man's hardly aged over the past 35 years. He must have been born looking old and then maintained his baby face.

• Like 1

Don Warren has been known as "The Old Man" among Cavaliers, since the time the corps was founded...(even though he was younger than some of the members at the time). I'm now seven years older than he was when I marched my last year. And he seemed really old at the time. Interestingly, the man's hardly aged over the past 35 years. He must have been born looking old and then maintained his baby face.

It's the cigar. It acts like a preservative.

It's the cigar. It acts like a preservative.

I notice you wrote "the cigar" and not "the cigars," which is appropriate, as I long thought he went through a new cigar about once every five years. (He gave up smoking them several decades ago.)

I cannot stress how important it is to remember to pronounce the first letter "S" when referring to this.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I cannot stress how important it is to remember to pronounce the first letter "S" when referring to this.

LOL... took a minute to figure out.. :devil::lol: :lol:

I was just thinking that the other day when I saw a picture of him. I marched Cavies in the '80's and he looks the same today!!

Later,

Mike