DCI HOUSTON - Hot, Humid, & Happening!

Extremely frustrated with the scores BD has been getting. I can't wait until Crown is clean but I feel like at this point it is futile.

the fact that you admit that CC is dirty contradicts your frustration with BD's score. Clean well designed show = higher scores. Dirty that has so much potential = frustration

• Like 1

Excuse me but BD and CC's horn book is almost equal in difficulty. BD has tons of layering and technicality, and CC has tons of technicality and a lot of musical moments that's very hard to balance.

Excuse me but I'm not horn player and yes CC horn book is way harder. Way, way, way harder. Thank you.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 2

so....

how about the new ending from SCV

just trying to lighten the mood.

:runs and hides:

• Like 1

Excuse me but I'm not horn player and yes CC horn book is way harder. Way, way, way harder. Thank you.

Faster notes doesn't always mean harder, buddy.

• Like 3

If you keep saying it, you'll believe it, even if it's not true.

I will side with Kamarag on this (as a trumpet player) and as a drummer you should know this... Faster doesn't equal harder. Crowns brass book has much faster runs, and is being played VERY well. There are very few slow parts to the show. However, that can be made easily effective by people dropping in and out as well. I will say, Crown plays it amazingly well, and they sound great doing it. They deserve top brass. But musically, faster and more notes doesn't = way harder.

Edited by Treefidy
  • Like 1

Nah, he's right.

Edited by scvjesse

What do I have to defend or believe? I wish cadets we on top and I acknowledge that cadets book isn't as hard as Crowns! Crowns horn book is by far more challenging than BD. There isn't a technique/figure in BD's show that Crown doesn't have. crown just has a lot more of it.

• Like 1

Both shows are phenomenal, and they are both winners in their own way.

• Like 1