San Antonio Sizzler!

I feel like I should be wagging my finger and dancing like those old timey cartoon characters.

HOW MANY TOP DRUM CORPS - PLAY THEIR DRUM SOLOS STANDING STILL and NOT MOVING....Geeze! (both of em)

• Like 4

Lots of spacing issues with BD tonight. It should be perfect considering the small amount drill they do.

• Like 9

If you make your soloist sound like he's playing on a kazoo, how does that help?

• Like 2

I absolutely love that in drum corps we can have a show like BD's, right after we have a show like The Cadet's and right before we can have a show like Crown's. Why anyone would want to drive this kind of diversity of design and performance style out of drum corps is beyond me. It is one of my favorite aspects of the activity. While I have hated many of BD's more recent shows, I love that they push the envelope and I find this year's show highly compelling.

• Like 3

Hipsterish? Not even close

hmm...

Latching onto a historic movement in order to give themselves an identity...

Intentionally portraying themselves with ironic aesthetics for the sake of screwing with aesthetics...

Feeling superior to everyone since they are not following the crowd... (and don't deny this; BD is very proud of their achievements and they do go out of their way to show this from time to time)

sounds pretty close to me.

And for the record I actually recognize BD's talent level is through the roof; even though it's pretty obvious drill-wise their show is designed in order to give their members the least amount of stress. It's not bad drill; in fact it's extremely well written drill that brings the best out of the members. I just find the entire show completely annoying.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando
  • Like 3

hmm...

Latching onto a historic movement in order to give themselves an identity...

Intentionally portraying themselves with ironic aesthetics for the sake of screwing with aesthetics...

Feeling superior to everyone since they are not following the crowd... (and don't deny this; BD is very proud of their achievements and they do go out of their way to show this from time to time)

sounds pretty close to me.

That is an incredibly naive and arrogant take on the show ... but whatever. You don't have to like it.

• Like 2

This is a hot mess...

That hot mess is undefeated!!

• Like 4

BD- oh BD, BD, BD I know your going to win, so this won't faze you at all. But I respectfully say HUH!

I don't know what is going on. Like at all, I physically said "what is going on".

Congrats on 16, just sorry that you couldn't do with something more than just whatever this is. I lost interest about half-way through.

Get rid of narration.

P.S. thank you for giving the tubas decent drill.

I really don't want flamed for this, so don't even start. I heard it live from the 4th row, for the frist time. I doubt if I watched it again, I would grow on it.

• Like 4