Cavaliers and Madison Scouts

I have been having this discussion for quite a while and was wondering what everyone thinks.

What have you been hearing so far ? And whats your thinking on it, since you brought it up as a topic ?

Edited by BRASSO

I have been having this discussion for quite a while and was wondering what everyone thinks.

Traditionalists. Especially considering both corps have roots in the Boy Scouts. No sexism about it, it's just how they choose to operate.

• Like 7

I like Waffles

• Like 7

Well, they are private organization who are privately funded. The second that they accept public, state, or federal funding, they would have no choice but to change. But until that happens, they can do whatever they want. They choose to put themselves at a competitive disadvantage by not accepting female members.

Works for me.

• Like 5

I think I'm a bit offended, actually.... rock.gif

• Like 1

What I think is that the OP needs to go back and bathe in the info and opinion that he or she will find in any of the other 245 threads that have been started on this topic over the years. :cool:

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 1

Cavalies are listed as a fraternal organization. Therefore they are allowed to accept only males as a fraternity (not sure about Scouts but I'm sure they have something similar). This question comes up at least once a year and great reasons are given by many other people. There are plenty of other amazing corps a female can march aside from Scouts and Cavaliers. Can we please close this thread now?

Edited by drummer5485
  • Like 1

Well, they are private organization who are privately funded. The second that they accept public, state, or federal funding, they would have no choice but to change. But until that happens, they can do whatever they want. They choose to put themselves at a competitive disadvantage by not accepting female members.

Works for me.

I do not understand this.

• Like 2