San Antonio Review

Great review! Although I watched it on Fan Network...I agree on ost everything you said.

Including...

Troopers music book, Academy choice of show, Madison's arrangements.

Great review..... pretty much the way I see it as well. Although I am starting to worry about the lack of improvement from Scouts drumline and guard. They started off so promising but don't seem to be cleaning like the corps as a whole.

Edited by musclebud

I have a response to your review about the Madison Scouts...you need to watch it a few more times before making your comments. You may not understand the subtleties of the show or the meaning behind the show. It is one of the most creative shows of the season if you understand it. Once you do understand it, you will appreciate it more. And while I admit, I had trouble with the show at the beginning of the season, I have grown to love it. The corps is so powerful this year. The guard, I agree...they aren't the greatest, and in my opinion, detract from their powerful ending statement. Nonetheless, I love the show and the Scouts are one of my favorites this year. It is good to see them ranked in the top 7...If you go to the Scouts FB page, you may be able to find a podcast where the show is explained in detail by James Mason, their creative director.

• Like 2

I have a response to your review about the Madison Scouts...you need to watch it a few more times before making your comments.

What's to understand? It's a mash-up of Pictures at an Exhibition and Madison's Greatest Hits. It's about a subtle as a cinder block. A creative and interesting cinder block, but a cinder block nonetheless. 2012 Scouts is one of the more single-viewing friendly shows on the field this year.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 3

I have a response to your review about the Madison Scouts...you need to watch it a few more times before making your comments. You may not understand the subtleties of the show or the meaning behind the show. It is one of the most creative shows of the season if you understand it. Once you do understand it, you will appreciate it more. And while I admit, I had trouble with the show at the beginning of the season, I have grown to love it. The corps is so powerful this year. The guard, I agree...they aren't the greatest, and in my opinion, detract from their powerful ending statement. Nonetheless, I love the show and the Scouts are one of my favorites this year. It is good to see them ranked in the top 7...If you go to the Scouts FB page, you may be able to find a podcast where the show is explained in detail by James Mason, their creative director.

And that's just it. To my reckoning, I shouldn't have to go listen to podcasts and do extensive "research" just to "get" what they are doing. I simply don't like some of the arranging. I disliked it less after seeing the show again last night in Dallas, but its the 4th time I've heard the music book either on Fan Network or in person, and I just don't think it's coherent or as effective as their terrific music books in 2010 and 2011. There are some cool moments, though, for sure. Telling someone else what THEY need to do to appreciate a show or comment to it is just not appropriate. All of us have different tastes and things we like. It's part of what makes us human, and part of what makes this activity so fun. Don't get me wrong, I still like Scouts this year, quite a bit!

Harvey

Not everyone is going to like it like you do, a majority will but not everyone is, you're just going to have to get over it. Not everyone is a Madison fan. They're doing a fantastic job and scoring where they should, but they aren't going to capture everyone.

• Like 1

And that's just it. To my reckoning, I shouldn't have to go listen to podcasts and do extensive "research" just to "get" what they are doing. I simply don't like some of the arranging. I disliked it less after seeing the show again last night in Dallas, but its the 4th time I've heard the music book either on Fan Network or in person, and I just don't think it's coherent or as effective as their terrific music books in 2010 and 2011. There are some cool moments, though, for sure. Telling someone else what THEY need to do to appreciate a show or comment to it is just not appropriate. All of us have different tastes and things we like. It's part of what makes us human, and part of what makes this activity so fun. Don't get me wrong, I still like Scouts this year, quite a bit!

Harvey

Tell me a show you DO understand...just by watching. 99% of the fans in the stands have no idea what any of the shows are about...well...maybe the ridiculous Christmas show...that is the only one that is somewhat understandable. So, my suggestion to watch the podcast was an effort to make sure you fully understand what the Scouts are portraying...and your response to my suggestion proves that you don't understand the show.

Tell me a show you DO understand...just by watching. 99% of the fans in the stands have no idea what any of the shows are about...well...maybe the ridiculous Christmas show...that is the only one that is somewhat understandable. So, my suggestion to watch the podcast was an effort to make sure you fully understand what the Scouts are portraying...and your response to my suggestion proves that you don't understand the show.

Drop it. It's not a difficult show to understand, and furthermore, it's a review. Every review is someone's opinion, unless they point out a mistake made by the members on the field.

• Like 1

A very respectable 70th anniversary show for Boston.

Harvey

Thanks for the review. :smile:

Boston Crusaders were founded in 1940. This is their 72nd year. 70th anniversary was in 2010.

Edited by Liahona