Okay boys and girls...

The part I love is during the first few hits watch all the different horn players with their goofy walking and each time it's something new.

I always respect any ones opinion. My only comment is that I miss the big jazz sounds from BD. There are moments I hear it in the middle of the show.

I hate the mic'd screamers in BD and in other corps. They are performing and projecting into a mic and not facing the crowm.

Once more thing Chuck. I like the fact that Chris with the Crossmen doesnt need a mic. And once again, good call on that high G solo. I still love it! Keep up the awesome work.

:blink:

If you didn't want to spawn a discussion about your point of view, why did you start a thread?

In fact, why did you start this thread to reply to comments in the first thread? :doh:

This Chuck N. is right. There is no " right or wrong " answer when it comes to personal tastes in music, arts, etc. Its like a movie. Some love it. Some dislike it. Some are somewhere in between. He just pointed out what he liked. Thats cool. He's just joining in with all the others on here to give us his personal take on a Corps show. I don't see any new storyline with this. He mentioned there is a place for a variety of shows. And he's right. And because there is a variety there is an equal place for people to say a show for them is positively awesome and a place for others to think the show for them positively blows.... and for others to believe that it is something in between. All variety of fan reactions are appropriate when we are talking about show performances with such levels and degrees of variety. Howard Johnson learned early on that having over 2 dozen varieties of ice cream made more sense than having just 3 or 4. Not everyone's likes are the same. If I like Chocolate Chip, but someone else prefers Pistaccio over Chocolate Chip, neither one of us is going to convince the other that we should prefer the other's flavor. Diversity is a healthy thing. Including respect for people's diverse opinions on things.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

As a drum corps newbie, I don't have all the baggage the rest of you have. I enjoyed watching the BD show in S.A. just as I enjoyed all the others.

Here's a little anecdote for y'all:

Last Sunday, during the Corps free day, my son and I went to see the I&E performances. He wanted to see the brass competitions but found that he couldn't watch them because...he is more sensitive to the playing than I am. He even remarked that he could tell that an instrument had spit in it. It served to put a damper on his enjoyment of the performances because he couldn't help but critique them. We ended up watching guard and percussion performances instead.

I don't know if it's possible for y'all to put aside your sensitivities and biases, but if you can...possibly y'all can enjoy the performances more.

Just sayin...

Edited by RockyGranite
  • Like 1

:blink:

If you didn't want to spawn a discussion about your point of view, why did you start a thread?

In fact, why did you start this thread to reply to comments in the first thread? :doh:

I started it because I was excited at the Blue Devils' performance in San Antonio.

I started a new thread because the message was lost, regardless of the purpose of the title of that other thread.

I stopped the time line, stepped out, editorialized, and then restarted the continuum.

Sometimes "clarification" requires a new heading.

:tongue:

• Like 9