Best DCI Ballad Ever

I'm a little surprised someone mentioned Boston '10 before Phantom '95 :worthy: .

Also, really liked BD '94/'95, Crown '01 Cider House Rules, Cadets '98-'99 & '01-'02 (Canterbury, City of Angels, Vide Cor Muem, and Field of Dreams respectively), obviously SCV '00, etc. etc. etc....

PR 91, and 93: Claire de Lune, and Fire of eternal Glory

SCV 00, Adagio

Phantom 91 wasnt Claire De Lune, that was Phantom '94:)

I just wish the activity could come up with a word to describe segments of shows that are quieter than the others without misusing the word "ballad."

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 3

Cadets 1993- Philip Bliss

An iconic ballad for the Cadets:)

I'd liked Crown's Claire de Lune, too.

Cadets-1999, 2005, 2009

Anaheim '74 - "So Very Hard to Go" into "Firebird"

SCV '78 - "If You Believe" from The Wiz (love the soft tenor parts!) into the Bottle Dance

• Like 2

I just wish the activity could come up with a word to describe segments of shows that are quieter than the others without misusing the word "ballad."

Words can have more than one meaning! I think it's a useful concept to have, and "slow, quiet part in the middle" doesn't have the same ring. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Words can have more than one meaning! I think it's a useful concept to have, and "slow, quiet part in the middle" doesn't have the same ring. :thumbup:

Sort of like just deciding to call a microwave oven "a grill", because they both involve heat and food. :cool:

Anaheim '74 - "So Very Hard to Go" into "Firebird"

SCV '78 - "If You Believe" from The Wiz (love the soft tenor parts!) into the Bottle Dance

ABSOLUTELY YES!!!!

ballad: one-movement musical piece with lyrical and dramatic narrative qualities

Ballad works for me :smile:

• Like 1