Drum Corps Genie

Okay, here's the scenario...

You are in the lot after a show and some unenlightened person has dropped a plastic soda bottle. You pick it up to recycle it and out comes...a drum corps genie. The genie tells you that because you are responsible and realize how fragile we are, he is going to grant you three drum corps wishes.

You may go back in time and be a witness to three (and ONLY three) corps performances in all of drum corps history. You will get to witness these performances only once. You may sit anywhere in the stadium and be assured of perfect viewing/listening conditions (no one around you talking or screaming for their friends.) You may choose shows you have seen before, shows you have participated in, or shows you have never seen live.

IF you attempt to wish for anything else, for more wishes, or wish for MORE than three performances, the drum corps genie will disappear and you will be immediately transported to a basics block of unspecified duration to do your penance.

What are your three wishes?

Edited by mfrontz
  • Like 4

I wish for:

1990 Star of Indiana - Praise Ye the Gods of Brass!

1992 Crossmen - I only experienced this show on the field - never in the stands. I would love to hear what it sounded like to a fan.

2008 Phantom Regiment - Still the best told story in the history of DCI.

Star '91 or '93 at finals. Not sure which.

Phantom 2008 too!

and maybe Crown '09. It's a hard decision.

The genie has granted you Phantom 08 and Crown 09. He has decided to be merciful and not make you march basics forever for naming two shows in your first wish, hearing your indecision. The genie may not be so merciful to people in future.

(I know it's tough. But I hate these 'your favorite show ever' threads where people name ten shows.) :)

The genie has granted you Phantom 08 and Crown 09. He has decided to be merciful and not make you march basics forever for naming two shows in your first wish, hearing your indecision. The genie may not be so merciful to people in future.

(I know it's tough. But I hate these 'your favorite show ever' threads where people name ten shows.) :)

awww man... and I've already seen those two! tongue.gif

SCV 1999

Carolina Crown 2009

Cavaliers 2002

1980 Spirit of Atlanta - Just to hear that horn line play it's heart out

1982 Santa Clara Vanguard - Yeah, I know they messed up the bottle dance, but I just want to be in the middle of that crowd going crazy and tossing those :babies:

2008 Phantom - Yeah, I saw them in San Antonio... but it wasn't a finished product.

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 2

Vanguard 1989

Crown 2009

Phantom 2008 (Saw them at the last show before quarterfinals but I want the finals experience. I can't even imagine how amazing it was.)

Edited by Crown Phan