Drum Corps Genie

Drum Corps Genie admires your generosity and grants your wish.

I would want to be in the hot sweaty crowd on finals night. 50 yard line 1st level, about 30 rows up. No big mouths blabbering away nearby. Bleacher or chair, what ever that venue on that night had. I don't have to go to the bathroom and I'm just finishing a cold drink.

First Garfield win....84? Year doesn't matter, I wanna feel the vibe in the air.

Devils 86 The show I watched over and over in high school on VHS tapes.

Phanton 08 Why not? I saw it in Allentown and want to be in the electric crowd during the show.

On second though I might request my wishes go to someone that REALLY loves corps. I would march the basics block until I was at my age out weight as penance.

Man, PR 96 had serious vibe. I think everyone wanted them to win. That show was just magic. If you did get to go back in time and see them, I'd recommend the performance in the rain, that's right IN THE RAIN, in Wisconsin that year. We performed earlier and got to go to the stands for the rest of the day. They were hyped as all hell. One of the most energetic performances I ever witnessed live.

Agreed. I saw them all three nights in Orlando for finals, and they literally came out of nowhere on Finals night. They were amazing, but since I saw them live, I had to leave them off the list. (No sense in using a precious wish on a show I was at, right???)

That is true. Are there even any recording of the 75 Muchachos? Anything from prelims? Northern Thunder or Michael Boo?

On a DVD from day after DCI at Hershey, PA thanks to Jim Jones of the Troopers. For sale by DCW....

Was at that show (we sponsored).... DANG.....

Bad news is pretty sure it's in black and white and top of the pressbox is far from the field.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

THREE - Uno. Dos. Tres. No substitutions, exchanges, or refunds.

Mark-time-hut...

I would love to be doing basics right now. I will accept the drum corps genie's punishment happily.

• Like 4

You know what, I'm changing mine. I want my drum corps wish to go to saving corps, and that we don't keep losing corps left and right. It kills to know that more and more kids aren't getting the opportunity to march because the corps can't survive. Every kid with the desire and heart to march should get the chance to, at whatever level. This has been such a great activity for all of us, and we can't let that go away

Drum Corps Genie says...

Alas, this is a wish I cannot grant. You must make this wish come true.

You know what, I'm changing mine. I want my drum corps wish to go to saving corps, and that we don't keep losing corps left and right. It kills to know that more and more kids aren't getting the opportunity to march because the corps can't survive. Every kid with the desire and heart to march should get the chance to, at whatever level. This has been such a great activity for all of us, and we can't let that go away

On a DVD from day after DCI at Hershey, PA thanks to Jim Jones of the Troopers. For sale by DCW....

Was at that show (we sponsored).... DANG.....

Bad news is pretty sure it's in black and white and top of the pressbox is far from the field.

Interesting. I might have to check that out. With all of the hype and rumors surrounding that show, I have never seen it. I wasn't born for another 15 years after this, so I couldn't have seen it live. :tongue:

Drum Corps Genie says...

Alas, this is a wish I cannot grant. You must make this wish come true.

i will. I plan to start sponsoring and donating to corps so that others can march, the same way people did for me so I could march.

• Like 4

Interesting. I might have to check that out. With all of the hype and rumors surrounding that show, I have never seen it. I wasn't born for another 15 years after this, so I couldn't have seen it live. :tongue:

You would have to say that..... :shutup::tongue: I bought the 1974 Carlisle DCA show that was also from the Jim Jones collection (my first show). Quality is good considering the age and equipment. But in this day of multiple shots and close-ups you really realize the camera was set up, focused to catch the field and that's about it. There might be some zooming in for some spots of the show but might have that confused with another old vid I have.

But Hershey pressbox is high up..... LOL and we were in the pressbox right below....