How long before SURF adds .........

The clown in I Pagliacci (1977 and 78) or perhaps the color guard member dressed as a judge, marking tick after tick, who can't take it any more, throws her clipboard, takes off her hat, and begins to dance (1979).

Would that have been a tic back in those days? :tongue:

Shufflebot!!!

I kinda hope they strat adding some "new" fun stuff that they can truly make their own!

Later,

Mike

Isn't the show called, "BRIDGEMANIA" ? As in ... a tribute show to the Bridgemen? They already have the electric shuffle in the closer to give a modern twist ... why not put in some classic Bridgemen gimmicks?

• Like 1

But seriously, the blindfolded drumming should make a comeback. That was the ballsiest move I've ever seen a drum line do, and no one has even tried it since then. And just think they pulled that off during the tick era, when every mistake was points off.

Honestly, I'm hoping Surf could stick more to this style of show in the future. Drum corps needs something like the Bridgemen around. Too many corps being serious, not enough being fun

You do realize that they could see through those blindfolds right?

• Like 1

You do realize that they could see through those blindfolds right?

STILL AWESOME! Even if they could see through them, still one of the most bad-### drumming moments in DCI history

• Like 2

From Facebook:

Shorty Bartholomew

On the road to Atlanta. More mellow tunes on the RV. Donald Fagen anyone? Rehearsal day tomorrow before the big show. I wonder what we should add for the fans on Saturday? Hmm.......

Isn't the show called, "BRIDGEMANIA" ? As in ... a tribute show to the Bridgemen? They already have the electric shuffle in the closer to give a modern twist ... why not put in some classic Bridgemen gimmicks?

wow - no need to be so condescending. Yes I realize it's called "Bridgemania", but I also realize that they're taking the essence of what the Bridgemen were and adding their twist to it (the phone call, Imagination, LMFAO etc...)

I was just adding my opinion - it's what the site is all about.

Later,

Mike

• Like 1