Boston's Guard 7/27

Could be more to do with Cavies guard...they've really been stepping it up and have a crazy difficult book that they're finally starting to control.

Later,

Mike

Maybe it has something to do with Domes? Boston seems to be beating Cavies when they are inside. Maybe their show is set up for Indianapolis? I don't think the judging is like baseball umpiring, where consistency is key. It's all subjective, and always has been. Hope that BAC has a good slate of judges that like their show at Finals. Some things never change and a favorable judging slate has been key since I marched 35 years ago.

• Like 1

Could be more to do with Cavies guard...they've really been stepping it up and have a crazy difficult book that they're finally starting to control.

Later,

Mike

well not just CAVIES Guard...they were 8th out of 8 last night...but youre right CAvies are stepping it up in all areas..as other corps are

well not just CAVIES Guard...they were 8th out of 8 last night...but youre right CAvies are stepping it up in all areas..as other corps are

Yeah you're right on that! am wondering though if Cavies guard isn,T being kept lower due to early season when they were just plain bad. I rather like what I see from them now!

Later,

Mike

I don't pay as much attention to "guard" as most people do but this BAC unit is really telling a story which I think adds more to the General Effect than most other corps are doing. I think the whole Boson show is a Masterpiece of entertainment!

• Like 3

Yeah you're right on that! am wondering though if Cavies guard isn,T being kept lower due to early season when they were just plain bad. I rather like what I see from them now!

Later,

Mike

well we know thats happend before......remember, and I think we all may have hear it at one time or another......to catch up sometimes is much hard and you have more to prove....and benefit of the doubt many times isnt given to those who dont come of of the gate running hard.

Curious but it seems to me, someone else can check the record

That Cavies beat BAC in Tournament of Champion Events but not so much in other shows

That 8th place corps was a face saving move by the G-7 to appear less evil but…well, you figure it out and don’t forget the judges

Hope that BAC has a good slate of judges that like their show at Finals. Some things never change and a favorable judging slate has been key since I marched 35 years ago.

Whoever judges the finals will have seen everyone several times, so all corps hope the majority liked them earlier in the season.

(Sorry this is a late post. Finally arrived at St. Benedictine U., Lisle, IL. This campus is a postage stamp which is great for not having to walk too far, but I wonder how crowded it was the night the Cavies had their show here.)