Vanguard Yell 2012

I wish it would stop so I don't miss anything from the field because a bunch of yahoos think their yell is more important then the corps performance (which is what we all pay to see)

• Like 4

Yeah, during the Houston show, it felt like my two younger siblings and I were the only ones to even yell it out.

I dislike the idea of fans talking during a show, so I conversed with my siblings on the yell timing a few days before (thumbs up to you, bluecoats88). thumbup.gif

The yell seems like it's dying out; I really don't mind if that happens. I felt that having the yell before the Mars impact wasn't the best idea.

At NightBeat I felt like the only one to yell it... everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

Maybe a few nights into finals week people will catch on.

You definitely weren't the only one! I did it too! :) :thumbup:

1343753662[/url]' post='3190288']

The yell has become a tradition with fans of Vanguard. No need to break with tradition.

I agree but no one seems to get it right this year and i would rather hear none than a weak il timed one.

• Like 1

Before Mars makes the most sense. It usually takes all season for it to catch on.

I don't really like random yells during the show but the Vanguard yell seems to fit. I guess I just expect to hear it so it doesn't bug me. I would hate to see it die away. I would imagine that it gives the performers a bit of a hype.

• Like 3

The yell is right after all the backfield stuff. They have a 3-4 count turn and thats where you yell it, right before the impact. The problem is that several people just dont know its still there because it hasnt been in their shows the last few years. I will be yelling it finals night regardless.

• Like 3

The yell has become a tradition with fans of Vanguard. No need to break with tradition.

There is a need when no one gets it right and it ruins beautiful moment in the show. Especially when people sitting around me spend the whole time before the yell in anticipation saying things like, "when is it?", "Is it here?", or "here it comes!"

And it seems like all the prior posts hammer down my point. No one knows where it is.

I've been saying this for a while now... It's time for the yell to go.

Flame away.

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 4

Ditto...it ruins big impact moments. Although it makes Vanguard honks complete, it totally ruins it for the other fans of Drum Corps. Other corps are trying to imitate this pathetic ritual as well. I wish they would just stop.

Yea i agree with ska on that aspect. I reeeeeeally hate goobers talking during a show like that. I will tell them to shut up too!

• Like 2