Do you hate it when people yell "random" stuff in the middle o

Random Yelling  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate it when people yell "random" stuff in the middle of a show?

• Yes, Hate it
    • Yes, but just dislike it
    • No
    • Doesn't bother me either way.
  2. 2. What do you think of a no-crowd recording--a supplemental dvd, not a replacement.?

• Like it!
    • Don't like it!
    • Either way is fine.

"Go Gahhhfieeee"

"TAKE EM TO THE BEACH SUNCOAST!!!"

Classic yells from back in the day. Still makes me smile.

But a little off topic. I really am not liking when the stadium announcer times his (Dan Potts for example) delivery of the performing corps on the field right before a big hit in the music. It just really takes away the enjoyment of the opening set for me, especially if it's the first time to see the corps. "From Concord, CA...........THE BLUE DEVILS!" BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

That is usually by the choice of the corps, as that is now controlled by each individual corps. A few years ago, they were given more flexibility as to how their corps is introduced, and if the PA announcer is on the field, just watch him and you will see a corps staff member standing next to him giving a cue when to make the announcements. If you watch closely, no two corps do it the same any more. The days of "Drum major, is your corps ready...wait for salute...you may take the field, etc. are gone.

"If every corps did a studio type recording with no audience, I would be all over that. I think it'd be great!"

I think that would be boring.

It's not.

Apparently, you've never heard the 2000 studio recording that Blue Devils and Santa Clara just before finals that year, called "State of the Art II." It's phenomenal with the clarity, and you can crank it on your stereo because it won't distort.

Uh, you do like your drum corps played loud, don't you? :rock::w00t::cool:

Blue Devils '94 coming up to a bass drum run..."I'm still wet!" Best shout to ever make a recording. :worthy:

Blue Devils '94 coming up to a bass drum run..."I'm still wet!" Best shout to ever make a recording. :worthy:

Didn't people keep that going all the way through '97? That was always so funny to hear on there