I love Blue Devils!

I had a great time at the jazz school today. What did I miss?

So they did not do a webcast? I can't wait to see what BD has in store!

Sadly, no. Allentown is only going to be an On Demand show, so we probably won't get any of it until next week sometime.

BDB is still undefeated in percussion and is just behind OC.

It's going to be a very interesting season in Open Class. It's easily a 4-5 corps race at this point, especially with a week left. That Niles show is going to get crazy.

Oh, GO SCVC! :tongue:

I just saw some manuscript from Wayne Downey 1978. Boy I remember that year as a 15 year old rookie. Almost made tenor but Timpani was fine.

In the end, the voice over says words to the effect "da da is still alive" just as the soloist who was strong the entire show, slowly fades, and the corps comes to a complete stop. After the corps stops an the music is over, there are a few hoops which shoot off in different directions, then run out of steam and just fall over.

+++

You really have to see the show live to appreciate how much the miked solo trumpets/flugal dominates the music. This show WOULD NOT work without the solos being miked. You just don't get that on the small screen, but the show is one of the most brilliant I have ever witnessed. After watching their show, I feel a little smarter, because the show is so interesting and I feel like I truly do get it, because it makes me think, after making me feel.

Awesome show.

I agree with the comment of the horns being miked and seeing the show live. It's 100 times more effective live and FN doesn't begin to capture all that is going on.

• Like 2

I took my band students to the show in Dublin, OH this past Tuesday during camp. I had seen the show on the Fan Network, and it was growing on me. Seeing it live made it my favorite of the year. I am and will always be a Cadet homer, however this year, BD has one of the classics. I had thought it was a show about dada. It is not. It IS dada. I have no idea how they created this thing or how one goes about rehearsing it. For those who think their visual package is easy, just witness the contras crabbing well over 200 bpm. It is beyond impressive. And that horn line plays well. I'm on record that I believe this year's Crown line is the best ever, but BD is beyond wonderful.

This corps will win this year not because anyone else is inferior but because they simpky deserve to. It has turned out to be a remarkably good year for drum corps! Even if my corps isn't placing first. (But 3rd will be OK too)

• Like 2

I agree with the comment of the horns being miked and seeing the show live. It's 100 times more effective live and FN doesn't begin to capture all that is going on.

Fans don't like this show either live or on FN.