Dear Show Designers

While I disagree that no one has brought the house down music-wise in recent years, I do agree that snippet/mash-ups leaves me wanting something more. One of the worst offenders wins a lot though (which is one of my beliefs that makes me a hater), so until that stops getting rewarded I think we just have to rely on the corps not in the championship hunt to actually put on complete (albeit abridged) music. Thanks Phantom, thanks Cadets, Thanks SCV. (I know there are others)

Edited by Wadep66

Yeah, Crown did "rock" last year, but I don't think it really landed too well, because the show was kind of about them doing rock. That was the only reason they did it.

Plus, they chose some charts that I would say are not possible to arrange without sounding cheesy. Not a huge fan of that particular show.

If Crown's versions of those numbers didn't do it for you I think you are going to be hard-pressed to be pleased. How was "Paint it Black" cheezy?

• Like 1

If Crown's versions of those numbers didn't do it for you I think you are going to be hard-pressed to be pleased. How was "Paint it Black" cheezy?

Just an opinion, man.

I did like Moondance when Cadets did it in 2001, Creep, the Dancer in the Dark overture (both Bluecoats AND Cadets versions)...

Point is that "rock" and "pop" can (and should!) be played as part of shows that are not about how great "rock shows" are.

• Like 1

Yeah, Crown did "rock" last year, but I don't think it really landed too well, because the show was kind of about them doing rock. That was the only reason they did it.

Plus, they chose some charts that I would say are not possible to arrange without sounding cheesy. Not a huge fan of that particular show.

You know, I feel almost the opposite. I loved all of the rock music in that show (except the lame ELP arrangement). Conversely, I thought the weakest parts of the show was when they were playing the classical stuff. If they'd dropped that from the Rach concept, the show would have been even better.

You know, I feel almost the opposite. I loved all of the rock music in that show (except the lame ELP arrangement). Conversely, I thought the weakest parts of the show was when they were playing the classical stuff. If they'd dropped that from the Rach concept, the show would have been even better.

at the time I wouldnt have agreed with you but thinking back now i think youre right

My point exactly. When it is done, it is rarely done well. If everyone did it as well as Jersey Surf did it this year, then I wouldn't have a problem with it (though I still wouldn't want everyone to do it.)

Also, I liked The Cavies use of Mad World, even though they only sampled the song throughout.

Edited by jasgre2000