Dear Show Designers

Blue Devils B did it in 2009 and won a Championship in the process. It was really well done.

BDb did Police stuff last year. it was awesome

Yep. Doesn't do anything for me ... sorry. I realize this is all a matter of taste, but if every corps was doing stuff like that, I would probably stop paying attention to DCI.

Not that that should change anyone's mind about what they like. It just isn't for me.

many corps used to do shows like that. we had a lot more fans then too

you're right! Let's keep trotting out crappy wind ensemble music.

genre alone does not make music great

True, but some genre's do not transfer very well to different mediums. I am not rooting for crappy wind ensemble music either. What made you think I was?

many corps used to do shows like that. we had a lot more fans then too

What is your evidence that there were more fans then?

Yep. Doesn't do anything for me ... sorry. I realize this is all a matter of taste, but if every corps was doing stuff like that, I would probably stop paying attention to DCI.

Not that that should change anyone's mind about what they like. It just isn't for me.

they were cutting age of that time and a machine......although we have gone far beyond that and I can speak from the experience of BITD as well as still teachin in WC today....we dont have to please everyone nor does everyone have to like this or any particular corps today...the most popular on DCP could be very different in actuality , and thats fine...some still like the classics some arent

turned on by fun shows. All these tastes exsists , although many like to believe what they like the " MAJORITY" likes....no such thing

they were cutting age of that time and a machine......although we have gone far beyond that and I can speak from the experience of BITD as well as still teachin in WC today....we dont have to please everyone nor does everyone have to like this or any particular corps today...the most popular on DCP could be very different in actuality , and thats fine...some still like the classics some arent

turned on by fun shows. All these tastes exsists , although many like to believe what they like the " MAJORITY" likes....no such thing

I agree. My biggest problem is with everyone wanting to make all the shows a certain way. I have no problem with a few corps doing shows that include popular music. I probably won't like it much, but that isn't a big deal to me, and I can watch and appreciate certain parts of these shows.

But don't tell me we need to get rid of all the amazing classical music and the creativity that is exhibited in a Blue Devils show because you don't like it. The variety we see in drum corps this year is awesome. I don't understand those that want to get rid of that.

Edited by jasgre2000

True, but some genre's do not transfer very well to different mediums. I am not rooting for crappy wind ensemble music either. What made you think I was?

The lack of any other ideas thrown in besides "OMG, pop music doesn't work!"

Is there anything you could see working that isn't in the modern wind ensemble realm?