world prelims schedule

INT has been extremely consistent - have been in every finals since 1972. Only SCV can match their record.

Yes, but 2 questions remain :

1) Can INT go another 40 years ? ..and...

2) do we want INT to go another year ?

For just the second time in Drum Corps International history, Open and World Class corps will compete head to head at the World Championship Prelims on Thursday, Aug. 9.

Didn't Class A, Division II, Division III, (whatever) used to compete in World, Open (whatever)class semi before last year? Just because the name is different doesn't mean this whole concept started last year.

• Like 1

Didn't Class A, Division II, Division III, (whatever) used to compete in World, Open (whatever)class semi before last year? Just because the name is different doesn't mean this whole concept started last year.

yes they started doing that in 1990 with the top 5 corps from DIV II/III finals advancing to Open class Prelims (world class now). This stopped in 2003 I believe and then last year they started the everyone in the pool idea where all open class corps can compete in World Prelims

Ugh....I seriously thought that the theaters were going to broadcast all 40 corps.

I was getting myself pumped up for 12 hours at the movie theater!

Now I find out they aren't even showing all 22 WC corps, and I'm extremely disappointed.

I might actually make the trip down to Indy now to watch all of them.

Ugh....I seriously thought that the theaters were going to broadcast all 40 corps.

I was getting myself pumped up for 12 hours at the movie theater!

Now I find out they aren't even showing all 22 WC corps, and I'm extremely disappointed.

I might actually make the trip down to Indy now to watch all of them.

don't know why you expected that - they've only done 15 corps live since they started the quarterfinals/prelims broadcast in the theater in 2004

Originally the top 17 was shown. I don't know the specific reason the number was changed from 17 to 15. The theater broadcast starts right after the largest break of the day, but dci could put that break wherever they needed to so it would line up with the theater broadcast.

Z

Remember the days of doing the Planet of the Apes (for example) marathons in the theater? I could totally do 12 hours and would love to see as many corps as possible in Big Loud Live. I'd even pay a higher ticket price and buy more inflated concessions if that's the deal breaker for theater owners.

Originally the top 17 was shown. I don't know the specific reason the number was changed from 17 to 15. The theater broadcast starts right after the largest break of the day, but dci could put that break wherever they needed to so it would line up with the theater broadcast.

Z

as soon as I posted that I thought it was 17 the first couple years. I'm guessing the show was shortened due to cost of the theaters. Probably was a price difference for the extra 1/2 hour to accomodate the additional 2 shows.

yes they started doing that in 1990 with the top 5 corps from DIV II/III finals advancing to Open class Prelims (world class now). This stopped in 2003 I believe and then last year they started the everyone in the pool idea where all open class corps can compete in World Prelims

It started well before that. I marched in Open Class Prelims from 86-88 in a CLass A/A-60 corps.