Neutrality

Where the Hell's a WaWa an hour away? Closest I know is West Chester.

Might as well ask, it's as relavant as anything else in the thread.... :devil:

And it's more relevant than this.

Fry%20pan%20set.jpg

• Like 1

And it's more relevant than this.

Fry%20pan%20set.jpg

And this post uses better spelling than mine... :doh:

Does the NFL, MBL, NBA, NASCAR, etc.... promote all of their teams/competitors equally?... no!.. and they shouldn't for business's sake. There are stars and powerhouses in every sport... this is what people come to see. The corps that sell the tickets deserve a little more exposure than the rest. Not that DCI should try and hide some of its other corps, but it is pretty ridiculous to talk about Pioneer just as much as the Blue Devils... just like the Colorado Rockies will never get the same coverage as the New York Yankees.

It's not even about who the stars are, it's about where the market is. Look at how much coverage the NFL network gives the Packers compared to the teams from bigger markets even tho the Packers are the greatest thing in the universe and Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in NFL history. (sorry lol, rabid Packer fan alert...) :thumbup:

I swear, we should just create a poll titled, "Is Boo bad for drum corps?" and get it over with. :tongue:

• Like 1

I swear, we should just create a poll titled, "Is Boo bad for drum corps?" and get it over with. :tongue:

There have been multiple posts that clearly show Boo-ing is bad in drum corps.

You obviously missed the memo, Mike.

You could, however, change your name to Michael Bloo. That would be OK.

• Like 2

Yes, but you have Sheetz, and everyone in PA knows they make better hoagies. Or should I say Hoagiez...

I'll gladly disagree

Where the Hell's a WaWa an hour away? Closest I know is West Chester.

Might as well ask, it's as relavant as anything else in the thread.... :devil:

Rt 30 in Lancaster just past the outlets where 30 goes from 4 lanes to "pray you don't get stuck behind the Amish buggies"

Edited by Jeff Ream

we're not Blooing, we'e Booing

:devil:

Rt 30 in Lancaster just past the outlets where 30 goes from 4 lanes to "pray you don't get stuck behind the Amish buggies"

Auch!!! Know that area all too well nah!!!

Reason why I've never noticed it is because I'm too busy concentrating on the morons... oops tourists playing Joey Chitwood Auto Thrill Show all around me. My alternate is old Phila Pike (Rt 340) but there you get the maniacs coming at you on your side of the road while they're passing the buggies.

Actually know 340 better as I like to drive by my money at the Smoketown Vet Clinic. Wierd... buggies going by and inside they have about the most up to date (and expensive!!!) equipment this side of Philly.

DCI playing favorites? marketing them? That's nothing new... of course they do... their top corps are their featured attraction... that's why DCI TELLS THE CORPS WHAT TO DO and WHERE TO GO... competitions and shows have prize money on the line and every corps gets a piece of the action.. but obviously the amount commensurates with placement... obviously this is a double edged sword, as it can help promote and keep the activity alive, but it can also destroy bits and pieces of it... for example: keep it alive, but not for all corps... sorry charlie!

As far as political motives are concerned... that's a touchy subject... some judges are partial to some corps/their staff/their program... its not objective, but its what is.... even some judges have a vendetta or a score to settle... it happens...

Most people feel after Star losing to Cadets in 1993, the activity is not a fair and balanced activity scoring wise... but its still fun to participate, teach, design, judge and spectate... well, aside from those absurdly quiet Bb horns and microphones...

Edited by Da_Expert_has_spoken
  • Like 1