Live Blog from DCI World Championship Prelims

The Spartans were absolutely fantastic! They may be small, but their marching was clean, great brass with a polished sound, great percussion and clean, and their arrangement of Firebird at the end is every bit as good as BKs. Even on the world class sheets I do not see any way that Pioneer comes close to these guys.

Bravo, Spartans!

Mike FYI you may want to let Alex know it was the 82 Crossmen that had the snare line reunion...they just used Surf's drums

The Spartans were absolutely fantastic! They may be small, but their marching was clean, great brass with a polished sound, great percussion and clean, and their arrangement of Firebird at the end is every bit as good as BK's. Even on the world class sheets I do not see any way that Pioneer comes close to these guys.

Interesting. In the live stream thread, Kamarag wrote:

"Ok, I gotta be honest, there's no way Spartans should have beaten Raiders, Gold, Legends, Music City, or 7th Regiment in any music caption. Guard, effect visual and maybe ensemble visual, sure. But Effect music, ensemble music, brass and percussion? No way."

Who's right?

I'd say that looking at the jugdes scores they agree with me. Spartans are perhaps the best little corps I have seen in a long time.

• Like 1

Big thanks to you and Alex! Love the dialogue. It's almost like a live radio broadcast of a sports game between two announcers.

• Like 1

C'mon Academy, you can't have out of step tubas at prelims

Here's the live blog from Prelims in Indianapolis. Alex Mendoza and I will be here through to the very end, and we'll also be presenting scores as soon as they are announced a few minutes after each corps' performance.

Great blog tonight mike.

Big thanks to you and Alex! Love the dialogue. It's almost like a live radio broadcast of a sports game between two announcers.

:w00t: