SCV Drum Prelim Scoring

Maybe Paul just showed up late for warmup again and, with all the zones in the Convention Center doled out like it's BOA, he couldn't squeeze any other drum corps out of their spots like he prefers to do? Shot in the dark here...

• Like 2

I would have had it 1. Bluecoats 2. SCV. Just the sound quality alone coming from those lines could win them a drum trophy in my book.

Yea they have some great tuning for sure! I really love the snare tuning Paul does. Not too tight and no tape. Just plain Tone!

Maybe Paul just showed up late for warmup again and, with all the zones in the Convention Center doled out like it's BOA, he couldn't squeeze any other drum corps out of their spots like he prefers to do? Shot in the dark here...

Paul wasn't judging...JJ Pipitone was.

• Like 1

Nevermind.... J.J. loves Rennick. :huh2:

Edited by Madbass4

SCV did have a couple spots of minor MINOR fuzz tonight .. but 5th? Joke....

They are no less clean than anyone else out there tonight. Nobody had a perfect show.

• Like 1

I just wonder about BDB getting a 14.5???

It must be playing in a dome because that line can smoke half of WC!

I'll wait until tomorrow to pass judgement on judges. Let's see what Semi's scores are. You also have to take into account the book. They might smoke other lines with what they're playing .. but is what they're playing at the same level as the lines ahead of them? I don't know the answer to that. For now ... I'd get some rest and enjoy the stream tomorrow ......... oh wait you didn't pay for it. Nevermind :thumbup:

I'm guessing you'll be at the show today to give us perspective on how line A smoked line B (oh yeah and the pit is involved in that score)? Yes?

1344576566[/url]' post='3199510']

I would have had it 1. Bluecoats 2. SCV. Just the sound quality alone coming from those lines could win them a drum trophy in my book.

Bluecoats have had the best percussion for the last several years, IMO. The demand in the battery the last couple years has been great. Front and back execution is great. BD has exposed rolls and so does everyone else. The solo parts don't do it for me. They do it well, even if it seems like the same book for the last 18 years with only minor changes here and there and the occasional percussion rack thrown in.

Don't get how Cadets have beaten Cavies in perc. I'dhave Cavies in 3d. Cadets battery has beem too dirty, as has Crown's. Phantom should be in 7that least. The more I listen to everything else, the more apparent their overall perc book lacks the demand to even keep it inthe top 10, even though I like the guys running the show there now.

Ohyeah, I'd have SCV in 2nd. Super clean. Weaker beats that coats. Kinda like when teamRennick was at Phantom (most years).

• Like 2

This reminds me of something my old instructor/friend Scotty Sells used to complain about. It used to bug him when people would say "We took first in drums". He ould always say..."Took? You didn't 'take' anything. They 'gave' you first place."

I'm not saying anything about the performances ahead of them. It is just something I try to keep in mind so as not to forget about the subjectiveness of all of it.

Go Jonz!

• Like 1