Question for Quarters Cinema Goers

$18 + Fandango fee = $19.25

Edwards Mira Mesa 18, San Diego, CA

Feed froze in middle of Bluecoats and didn't return until break between SCV and Cadets, but that was the only outage at our theater. No free pass, but the theater manager did appear after a few minutes to brief the audience that he had talked to the feed distributor and that it was a national problem.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Regal in Burlington NJ

Tickets were $18. But some really classy parents from Surf (thank you to Steve and your wife) had free passes and gave them to a couple of us (ex Raiders and staff) going into the theater.

The manager gave a free pass for a future movie but I had to go to the customer service counter and show my stub.

Disappointed in the small crowd at the theater (50 or so).

It was a good show, but I think I liked the Open Class shows more. They really brought it.

Congratulations to the Open Class corps that made Semis. You deserved it.

Sioux Falls, SD

Paid $16. Had to ask them to turn the volume up after Academy, they apparently missed the "Loud" concept lol. Manager came in during the delay and informed us that they had contacted the provider (Fathom entertainment or something like that?) and that it was a national delay. He said anyone who would like to leave would get a full refund but for those of us willing to stick it out he offered free refills on pop and popcorn. Can't complain, considering the show resumed not even 30 minutes later and we got to see Bluecoats and SCV at the end.

Paid $17 in Mansfield, Ohio. Theater manager kept checking with us as we waited and offered free popcorn and drink refills.

Thanks for that info. It appears local AMC theatres can decide what the ticket prices are, its not done at the national chain level, or by DCI dictates. I thought this might just be the case here too.

Edited by BRASSO

2 Questions for DCP's here that went to the Cinema to watch on the movie screen the DCI Quarterfinals:

A) what were they charging for a ticket in your theatre ? and

b) did the management give you a free movie pass for a free movie after you exited the Cinema at the conclusion of the telecast for the DCI telecast stoppage ?

At the Cinema we attended ( 4 of us ) the cost for the individual ticket was $18.

The Cinema ( Burlington, Ma. ) we attended had the Cinema manager come down the aisles on the delay, explained the reason for the delay,that he expected it to come back on, and told everyone in the theatre that he was appreciative of their patience and would provide all seaters there a free complimentary future movie pass. When the show commenced 10 minutes later and with all of us getting to see the 2 Corps missing on the weather delay, we expected that when we exited the manager would waive the free movie pass. But he stood right at the exits and gave everyone exiting a free future admittance pass to a movie of our choice. When I looked at thefree movie pass, I noticed the expiration date says " 3/31/2014 ", so we can use this free cinema pass for next years DCI Cinema telecast. So.. what did you pay for a ticket, and were they giving out free movie passes at all the other Cinemas. I am just curious.

I didn't go last night, but I've been in situations at AMC where something happened and we got free passes to come back. If you did, make sure to find out all the info about it before using it next year. In the case of Drum Corps shows, since they aren't technically movies, sometimes they have rules against using free passes for events like fandango and such. Again, it depends on which theatre chain you have the tickets for. Otherwise, that's awesome and it's good to see that some theatre managers still know a thing or two about guest services. :cool:

$18 at Village Square in Vegas.

Our screen was pretty badly out of focus, and after a couple conversations with two managers who stated there was nothing they could do, we were offered free passes. Not sure it was worth the strain on my eyes. The logos backfield were unreadable, and the backfield conductors looked like they had four arms, so something was seriously off with the calibration of the projector.

Not sure if anyone else got passes.

I didn't go last night, but I've been in situations at AMC where something happened and we got free passes to come back. If you did, make sure to find out all the info about it before using it next year. In the case of Drum Corps shows, since they aren't technically movies, sometimes they have rules against using free passes for events like fandango and such. Again, it depends on which theatre chain you have the tickets for. Otherwise, that's awesome and it's good to see that some theatre managers still know a thing or two about guest services. :cool:

I was thinking the same thing.. to check if complimentary movie passes can be applied to a DCI future telecast. I would imagine it would, as exclusions usually need to be clearly stated on the stub. But it would be wise to find out beforehand to be certain if it will be accepted or not. Its a good point you raise.

Edited by BRASSO

I paid $17 with a student discount in San Jose, CA at Cinearts Santana Row. No refunds/tickets from my understanding. The theater attendant was really cooperative with the crowd and was a little confused from our drum corps humor. Aside from the satellite feed freezing, I would give the experience 8/10 because of some audio balancing issues (poor placement of mics) and some of the not so best camera work.

Might want to check on them free passes - the cinema I went to had signs at they entry stating that free passes were not accepted for special events (such as Big, Loud, Live).

The cinema I attended did offer their apology, but also said it was beyond their control... no offerings of any passes or popcorn (although no one really expected any), we'd simply have to wait it out.

The price of admission was surprisingly $2 more than I expected ($20.50), but the venue was better than where I'd gone the previous two years (no light-dimming delay, awesome volume). Cheerful, excited crowd of roughly 20 fans. :satisfied: