Question for Quarters Cinema Goers

Paid $17. Manager came in and said he could give us all movie rain checks, but some moron in the front row told him that he should make Fathom give us free passes for next years show and that we didn't need rain checks (so he didn't give us any).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid $17. Manager came in and said he could give us all movie rain checks, but some moron in the front row told him that he should make Fathom give us free passes for next years show and that we didn't need rain checks (so he didn't give us any).

There are rain checks and then there are brain checks. Sounds like this guy needs the latter not the former.

Edited by BRASSO

Paid $18 @ Akron theater (in Montrose)...

Had to inform manager that they had started the Akron theater event instead of the Big and Loud, was promptly rectified.

During the delay no announcements of any kind, talked to manager to see if they were going to rewind - got no answer until the Bluecoats/SCV replay was announced (was pretty @@@@ed until then)...

No free passes/refreshments, but did get to admonish some kids to be quiet prior to SCV's show... :thumbup:

2 Questions for DCP's here that went to the Cinema to watch on the movie screen the DCI Quarterfinals:

A) what were they charging for a ticket in your theatre ? and

b) did the management give you a free movie pass for a free movie after you exited the Cinema at the conclusion of the telecast for the DCI telecast stoppage ?

At the Cinema we attended ( 4 of us ) the cost for the individual ticket was $18.

The Cinema ( Burlington, Ma. ) we attended had the Cinema manager come down the aisles on the delay, explained the reason for the delay,that he expected it to come back on, and told everyone in the theatre that he was appreciative of their patience and would provide all seaters there a free complimentary future movie pass. When the show commenced 10 minutes later and with all of us getting to see the 2 Corps missing on the weather delay, we expected that when we exited the manager would waive the free movie pass. But he stood right at the exits and gave everyone exiting a free future admittance pass to a movie of our choice. When I looked at thefree movie pass, I noticed the expiration date says " 3/31/2014 ", so we can use this free cinema pass for next years DCI Cinema telecast. So.. what did you pay for a ticket, and were they giving out free movie passes at all the other Cinemas. I am just curious.

Usually you can't use FREE passes for the DCI in theaters... My theater was $18, we only lost footage 1/2 way during Bluecoats and pretty much all of SCV, we got NO free passes, but we did get to see Bluecoats and SCV in the entirety at the end :)

I paid $18 at the downtown Sacramento theater. About 5 minutes into the "interuption," some very cheery theater staff came down the aisles and distributed a free movie voucher. That was a very appreciated move. Then, when the feed started up again and SCV's show was ending, I started freaking out. I'd already missed their Sacto. "Moonlight Classic" show due to the lighting snafu at Sac State, and as an SCV alum, was getting really frustrated at the thought of missing their show entirely this year. So, I was really grateful when the announcement came that Bluecoats and SCV's shows would be shown in their entirety after BD performed. Thank you!

My friend really scored. He showed up to the theater when the feed had gone down, and the box office stopped selling tickets during that time. He said, "So, how about I just get a ticket to Total Recall?" He paid $9, got to see Top 6 quarterfinals and even got a free movie voucher. Woot!

I paid $18 dollars at the window. No refund or free tickets offered for the outage.

I am not sure why I went. Idiots tell me you there is nothing gained by video and you have to be there live to understand the shows. :w00t:

No free passes where we were. :thumbdown:

A few years ago, at a different venue, there was a similar glitch... and that theater manager did give as us free passes.

In Chicago, at AMC East near Navy Pier, admission was $18.

I do not think anyone thought to ask the movie staff for refunds or vouchers. In Chicago, we always deal with bad weather. And the CUBS. And the el.

The sound was glorious. Best deal were the free refills on large popcorns all night. After I had two bags full, someone asked for my empty bag! Such a deal.