Madison Scouts 2013

Now put your feet in a Notre Dame fan's shoes (of which I am not) and tell me the same thing. You think their fans didn't feel that their team should always be a top 10 ranked team?

No, because football is pretty cut and dry as to where you're ranked. Your analogy isn't really relevant.... As I stated earlier, being a blue blood program is not a synonym for being "rightfully top 5" its as simple as that.

No, because football is pretty cut and dry as to where you're ranked. Your analogy isn't really relevant.... As I stated earlier, being a blue blood program is not a synonym for being "rightfully top 5" its as simple as that.

Cut and dry as to where you're ranked??? Ok, man. lol :rolleyes:/>

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Cut and dry as to where you're ranked??? Ok, man. lol rolleyes.gif/>

You obviously don't know college football very well then... Notre Dame has lost 3+ games for all of the years you are talking about, which gives them absolutely no right to claim being in the top 10. I doubt any of their fans thought they were a top ten team when they had seasons like that. Once again, this analogy makes no real point.

You obviously don't know college football very well then... Notre Dame has lost 3+ games for all of the years you are talking about, which gives them absolutely no right to claim being in the top 10. I doubt any of their fans thought they were a top ten team when they had seasons like that. Once again, this analogy makes no real point.

You've missed what I was implying ENTIRELY. Regardless of whether their record ends up reflecting it, ND fans or Bama fans or OU fans all come into the season EXPECTING their team to be a top 10 team. That's what they expect.

You've missed what I was implying ENTIRELY. Regardless of whether their record ends up reflecting it, ND fans or Bama fans or OU fans all come into the season EXPECTING their team to be a top 10 team. That's what they expect.

Okay then, it makes sense if what you were implying related to expectations. The conversation, however, was about right now, and being "rightfully top 5". Your post was just misleading, as it wasn't really discussing the topic at hand. I understand what you're saying though

Well, San Antonio has spoken! And what do we have...Cavies getting closer and closer by the day (as of tonight, they're only .05! behind the Scouts!), and it seems that distance is building between 7th and 6th (the upper echelon). Only 3 weeks from tonight, and the 20013 season will be in the books. The opinions that have been shared with me by those that have viewed the Men live is that even though their show is highly emotional, it lacks the difficulty and design required to push the Scouts to the next level. I hope this is not so, because I've heard that exact regret expressed over the past couple of years by certain Staff..."we should have given the Men more to work with". It would be sad and unconscionable if this is the conclusion once again...There's simply too little time in this activity to make up large chunks of ground.

Well, San Antonio has spoken! And what do we have...Cavies getting closer and closer by the day (as of tonight, they're only .05! behind the Scouts!), and it seems that distance is building between 7th and 6th (the upper echelon). Only 3 weeks from tonight, and the 20013 season will be in the books. The opinions that have been shared with me by those that have viewed the Men live is that even though their show is highly emotional, it lacks the difficulty and design required to push the Scouts to the next level. I hope this is not so, because I've heard that exact regret expressed over the past couple of years by certain Staff..."we should have given the Men more to work with". It would be sad and unconscionable if this is the conclusion once again...There's simply too little time in this activity to make up large chunks of ground.

Perhaps they're drawing the talent at this point to over perform the material given.

• Like 1

If only the sense of entitlement from Scoutie homers related directly to scores, then Scouts could never lose! Scoutie Homers #####ing about 7th.... normal... Scoutie Homers #####ing when they actually get 9th at DCI, well, lets face it, anymore there is a shot named after it...., and a weak ### one at that...

• Like 2

Hey guys, it's a long road back. It's much easier to fall than it is to climb back up. Look at the progress in the past few years. Now is not the time to be discouraged, it's the time to throw ALL your support behind the Scouts. Madison has one of the top staffs in all drum corps and they are rebuilding in the right way. I don't believe for a minute that the Cavaliers will pass the Scouts this year. So - they end up in 6th or 7th. That's an improvement from last year and the year before. They are drawing more talent every year. Hang in there and drop that negative attitude. GO SCOUTS!!!!

• Like 2

Notre Dame has lost 3+ games for all of the years you are talking about, which gives them absolutely no right to claim being in the top 10. I doubt any of their fans thought they were a top ten team when they had seasons like that.

While I get the point you are trying to make, you probably picked a bad example. Thats because you probably don't know typical Notre Dame football fans. Most of them believe God himself has chosen Notre Dame #1..... every year. Are we talking about the same Notre Dame football fan base here that I'm familiar with ? ( haha !)