Madison Scouts 2013

The new Scouts show ending isn't as good as the original. the music isn't as good as the previous ending.

I'm counting on the Madison Scouts to write a good arrangement of " Conquest " and to play it at tommorow nite's encore in Lawrence, Ma. with the verve and the power that the composition requires. Don't let me down. :biggrin:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I'm counting on the Madison Scouts to write a good arrangement of " Conquest " and to play it at tommorow nite's encore in Lawrence, Ma. with the verve and the power that the composition requires. Don't let me down. :biggrin:/>

You get special consideration for using "verve" in a sentence.

• Like 1

You get special consideration for using "verve" in a sentence.

haha!..

Ah...They certainly didnt stay on top last night head-to-head...I believe the first loss of the year to Cavies.

Of course not, the G7 is not going to allow the Scouts to oust a G7 corp so they had to gently begin nudging them out no matter how the Cavs are currently performing.

• Like 2

Of course not, the G7 is not going to allow the Scouts to oust a G7 corp so they had to gently begin nudging them out no matter how the Cavs are currently performing.

How do you explain the Cavs getting ousted last year by Boston then?

Also, are you aware that many judges are opposed to the G7/MiM?

• Like 2

Ah...They certainly didnt stay on top last night head-to-head...I believe the first loss of the year to Cavies.

Ouch! My mistake - for some reason I was thinking it was a different show. I'm sure they will be fine either way.

• Like 1

And the second loss tonight...by a growing margin. BAC & BK are also outscoring the Scouts now, though in different shows. This is the third striaght year this sort of thing has happened. Instead of 7th, a fight for 9th looks more likely. Very disappointing :sad:/>

For those here that can be honest with themselves (vs. the Madison Homerville types!), many, MANY!, have reported that once you peel away the early season hype and all the emotion of Madison's 75th anniversary 2013 show, you once again have a product that drastically lacks the depth, the complexity, and difficulty of a top notch World Class corps. This is a serious problem within the Madison camp...And they've (the leadership) by their own admission have made the same critical error several years in a row now! It’s a travesty that they've wasted and expended so much capital on what could have been. Certain leadership expressed extreme regret already 2 years ago that they hadn’t given the "Men" a more challenging product! What you hear from the thoughtful fan by and large this year is that the beginning and ending of the show is memorable, and the rest of the show is...meh! 75th Anniversary, and they didn’t know how to release the hounds!...Why not??...Terribly sad and disappointing! Entertainment yes! But, if we need a reminder to wake us up to the fact of the types of shows that the Madison fan and drum corps enthusiast so miss from Mad Town, take some time to put in a relic DVD and maybe watch Madison 1995, "A Drum Corps Fan Dream", or "Pirates of Lake Mendota", or "Jesus Christ Superstar", or and on, and on... One does not have to look too far to be reminded of what could be...Of what should be.

Calling all Madison apologists...its honesty hour.

Edited by Mad75
  • Like 2

For those here that can be honest with themselves (vs. the Madison Homerville types!), many, MANY!, have reported that once you peel away the early season hype and all the emotion of Madison's 75th anniversary 2013 show, you once again have a product that drastically lacks the depth, the complexity, and difficulty of a top notch World Class corps. This is a serious problem within the Madison camp...And they've (the leadership) by their own admission have made the same critical error several years in a row now! It’s a travesty that they've wasted and expended so much capital on what could have been. Certain leadership expressed extreme regret already 2 years ago that they hadn’t given the "Men" a more challenging product! What you hear from the thoughtful fan by and large this year is that the beginning and ending of the show is memorable, and the rest of the show is...meh! 75th Anniversary, and they didn’t know how to release the hounds!...Why not??...Terribly sad and disappointing! Entertainment yes! But, if we need a reminder to wake us up to the fact of the types of shows that the Madison fan and drum corps enthusiast so miss from Mad Town, take some time to put in a relic DVD and maybe watch Madison 1995, "A Drum Corps Fan Dream", or "Pirates of Lake Mendota", or "Jesus Christ Superstar", or and on, and on... One does not have to look too far to be reminded of what could be...Of what should be.

Calling all Madison apologists...its honesty hour.

If Madison finds a way to blend the entertainment value of 2010 - 2013 and the complexity that the corps above them have, they'll be an unstoppable force.

If Madison finds a way to blend the entertainment value of 2010 - 2013 and the complexity that the corps above them have, they'll be an unstoppable force.

Yes, I enthusiastically agree with you! But, here in lies the problem, there seems to be something blocking them from the correct prescription…Could it be the fear of success? Madison’s leadership at this stage of the game has been to this rodeo a few times already. What's that little statement attributed to Einstein?..."The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different outcome"?