Madison Scouts 2013

How is it that Phantom can march cleanly while wearing white shoes?

Because they (like Cadets and formerly Crown) have the white or light colored pants

which eliminates the contrast. You put white at the end of a black line and it draws your

eye to that point like a target. Watch any Phantom show, even when they are dirtier, you really

have to look hard to see it.

They also didn't do 4 weeks of everydays followed by 8 weeks of touring.

Well good point. I hear tell that they only had like 5 rehearsals total, so that's quite

amazing. But I was just pointing out that with any modern drill....and not just with Madison,

any Corps, it would be MUCH harder to make it look clean.

Well good point. I hear tell that they only had like 5 rehearsals total, so that's quite

amazing. But I was just pointing out that with any modern drill....and not just with Madison,

any Corps, it would be MUCH harder to make it look clean.

True...But todays Scouts dont really do any fast moving, highly exposed moves, so it really wouldnt matter I guess (rim shot).

True...But todays Scouts dont really do any fast moving, highly exposed moves, so it really wouldnt matter I guess (rim shot).

BaZINGA!

BaZINGA!

I miss the world of Dwight Schrute. I've since looked into the viability of beet farming...Beets really do possess astounding health benefits. I think there's a void to be filled with my name on it. And just remember, the Black Bear is the best bear bar none!

Edited by Mad75
  • Like 2

And just remember, the Black Bear is the best bear bar none!

"Well that's debatable! "

"D.W.I.G.H.T – Determined, Worker, Intense, Good worker, Hard worker, Terrific"

Edited by Nine White Russians
  • Like 1

"Well that's debatable! "

"D.W.I.G.H.T – Determined, Worker, Intense, Good worker, Hard worker, Terrific"

I only have three things to say...Bears, Beets, and Battlestar Galactica!

But as an old sage once said...ID theft is not a joke Jim!

• Like 1

I only have three things to say...Bears, Beets, and Battlestar Galactica!

But as an old sage once said...ID theft is not a joke Jim!

Lol. I think Dwight may be one of THE best sitcom characters ever. It's tough with so

many great ones from Seinfeld, but he is right up there in my book!

• Like 1

How is it that Phantom can march cleanly while wearing white shoes?

Look at the two years with the white belt (2010 and 2011, right? or just 2010) and you can see why they dropped the white belts. They accent any hip movement (of which there really shouldn't be any) which judges were killing them for. It is nice contrast but it can't really be connected to the hips like that.

• Like 1

I have an extra ticket to finals in section 543. My niece was going to come but can't and none of my friends can come with such short notice, and I'd rather it go to someone who know how special finals is than a relative that won't miss w\hat they've never seen before. I'm sure they'd have a great time but wouldn't appreciate it like someone who's familiar with DCI would. It's going to go for an extremely cheap price, its only one ticket and I've but this notice up on Crown, SCV, and Boston's threads but no one has contacted me yet. pm me if interested!